[ad] The service leader for Cloud is now in Australia. Secure, reliable cloud and managed hosting all backed by 24x7x365 Fanatical Support. Create your free account now.
Buy an Seagate Business Storage NAS for your chance to win a holiday
[ad] Purchase a selected Seagate Business Storage NAS to receive a $20 cash-back AND go into the draw to win a $1,000 Flight Centre voucher so you can holiday in the destination of your choice. T&Cs apply.
How mobile and social media affect your Customer Experience strategy
[ad] How will the adoption of mobile devices and social media affect your Customer Experience strategy? Are you reaching your organisation's customers through these touch points? Click here to download a whitepaper by Fifth Quadrant examining consumer and business attitudes to these new contact channels.
Great articles on other sites
- Turnbull to release NBN review next week
- Canberra blitzes states with NBN take-up rates
- War on whistleblowers from Abbott, Turnbull as ICJ case arrives
- Stockland tech revamp at centre of growth plans
- Clare warns of Gonski-like backflips on the NBN
- Victoria seeks early buy-in to avoid past disasters
- Vtalk bucks the China trend with plan for Aussie build
- Booksellers bristle at Amazon's arrival
- Australian customers upbeat on Dell going private
- FTTP NBN supporters lobby Turnbull
50 things top IT pros need to know
[ad] This 18 page TechRepublic whitepaper explores 10 things you should know to become an epic IT manager, 40 other essential tips to advance your IT career and practical guidance for starting an IT consulting business. Click here to access the whitepaper.
The new IT manager: Trends affecting IT in business
[ad] The tables have turned for IT managers. IT used to be able to dictate which computing assets would be used by employees and how they would be used. No longer. This free GigaOM Pro research paper (click here to download it) gives a solid, fact-based perspective on how IT consumerisation, mobile computing and cloud delivery trends are changing the paradigm.
Posts Tagged ‘datacentre’
Enterprise IT, News - Tuesday, November 19, 2013 16:24 - 1 Comment
news Virtualisation and remote access vendor Citrix has revealed that a sizable deployment of its desktop and application virtualisation solutions has aided local law firm Duncan Cotterill in setting up a completely mobile working environment for its staff that will assist it with productivity as well as with dealing with natural disasters affecting its operations, such as the 2011 Christchurch earthquake.
According to a statement issued by the vendor, the firm was significantly impacted by the 2011 earthquake in Christchurch. Duncan Cotterill has around 270 staff located in Australia and New Zealand, and suffered data and productivity loss, as well as wider business issues, as a result of the quake. Christchurch staff suffered limited access to files and devices during the emergency period due to the firm’s office in the city being condemned.
Following the disaster recovery phase, the firm took the opportunity to implement an improved business continuity plan to protect its operations moving forward, which included an enterprise software solution from Citrix. Duncan Cotterill Lawyer’s IT department moved to centralise its IT functionality, using the vendor’s XenApp and XenDesktop virtualisation solutions. Continue…
- NEXTDC opens Sydney datacentre: Photos
- NAB moves website into Amazon cloud
- UWS, UTS share datacentre space
- HP’s Caspari quits after just one year
- Microsoft goes Windows Azure crazy:
Aussie deployments ahoy as TechEd kicks off
- Uni of Queensland to deploy private cloud
- Metronode launches NSW Govt datacentre
- Cloud central to Oxfam IT overhaul
- Questions raised about Post IT transformation
- NSW Govt opens datacentres to SaaS vendors
- Can man survive off Bitcoin mining alone?
- Telstra’s cloud computing suffers 24 hour outage
- 802.11ac to wire up your garage datacentre? Why not?
- US ambassador slams Australia’s “cloud protectionism”
- Vocus buys Newcastle-based Ipera
- Finally, Amazon launches Sydney datacentre
- AARNet peers with Amazon Web Services
- Why you should attend vForum 2012
- Macquarie Telecom suffers major outage
- Photos: PM Gillard launches Macquarie datacentre
- NSW ramps up giant datacentre consolidation
- Q&A: McGrathNicol on Windows Server 2012
- Rackspace confirms dedicated Sydney datacentre
- How NAB’s private cloud keeps it carbon-neutral
- What a dream home NBN setup looks like
- Norfolk Group picks Hyper-V over VMware
- Carbon Tax: How will it hit servers?
- NEXTDC M1 datacentre launch: Photos
- Amazon confirms Sydney CDN node
- Amazon’s Australian datacentre gets closer
- HP opens giant NSW datacentre (photos)
- HP starts cutting Aussie staff; Caspari ascends
- Defence plans major ICT projects for 2012
- SAP’s SuccessFactors deploys Aussie datacentre
- HP completes giant new NSW datacentre
- NSW finalises colossal datacentre consolidation
- Rackspace promises Aussie datacentre
- The datacentres that ate NSW
- DiData lands Aussie customer for new cloud
- HP issues waffle statement on job cuts claim
- NEXTDC inks leaseback deal for Brisbane DC
- Amazon hiring Sydney datacentre manager
- Australian datacentre? You’re dreaming, says Microsoft
- Salesforce.com shifts APAC customers to Japan
- Australian Amazon datacentre? Or just a CDN node?
- Patriot Act applies to Amazon Australia, warns Ninefold
- Amazon opens Australian office
- Amazon planning Australian datacentre: Report
- Don’t let the FBI steal your server, says Ninefold
- $800m gorilla: Telstra seeds its cloud
- Apple’s iCloud: Another offshore regulatory headache?
- Salesforce.com promises Australian datacentre
- Govt awards datacentre migration panel
- Michael Dell makes brief Aussie visit
- NBN: Where’s the love, Eric Schmidt?
- NEXTDC finalises Sydney datacentre site
- Toyota picks Fujitsu’s cloud for dealer platform
- Oh dear: Simon Hackett, datacentre disco star
- AAPT chief backs Queensland facilities
- AAPT: Multiple Brisbane co-lo sites “under threat”
- POWERED DOWN: Flood takes out AAPT datacentre
- Internode expands Adelaide datacentre
- Bevan’s bouncing baby boy: NEXTDC lists today
- AGC undergoes wide-ranging IT overhaul
- Photos: Fujitsu opens Perth datacentre with sake for all
- Photos: IBM’s datacentre in a shipping container hits Australia
- Federal Govt issues datacentre migration tender
- Defence picks Global Switch datacentre
- AGIMO releases draft datacentre RFT
- Electricity outage takes Centrelink services down
- ASX to build $32m new datacentre
- Telstra pumps network iron for IPTV launch
- NBN Co seeks IT ops manager
- Budget 2010: Gershon savings ploughed back in
- Internode has wanted Aussie WoW server for years
- Datacentre strategy a big downer
- “Intense” interest but no Aussie Google datacentre yet