[ad] The service leader for Cloud is now in Australia. Secure, reliable cloud and managed hosting all backed by 24x7x365 Fanatical Support. Create your free account now.
Buy an Seagate Business Storage NAS for your chance to win a holiday
[ad] Purchase a selected Seagate Business Storage NAS to receive a $20 cash-back AND go into the draw to win a $1,000 Flight Centre voucher so you can holiday in the destination of your choice. T&Cs apply.
How mobile and social media affect your Customer Experience strategy
[ad] How will the adoption of mobile devices and social media affect your Customer Experience strategy? Are you reaching your organisation's customers through these touch points? Click here to download a whitepaper by Fifth Quadrant examining consumer and business attitudes to these new contact channels.
Great articles on other sites
- Turnbull to release NBN review next week
- Canberra blitzes states with NBN take-up rates
- War on whistleblowers from Abbott, Turnbull as ICJ case arrives
- Stockland tech revamp at centre of growth plans
- Clare warns of Gonski-like backflips on the NBN
- Victoria seeks early buy-in to avoid past disasters
- Vtalk bucks the China trend with plan for Aussie build
- Booksellers bristle at Amazon's arrival
- Australian customers upbeat on Dell going private
- FTTP NBN supporters lobby Turnbull
50 things top IT pros need to know
[ad] This 18 page TechRepublic whitepaper explores 10 things you should know to become an epic IT manager, 40 other essential tips to advance your IT career and practical guidance for starting an IT consulting business. Click here to access the whitepaper.
The new IT manager: Trends affecting IT in business
[ad] The tables have turned for IT managers. IT used to be able to dictate which computing assets would be used by employees and how they would be used. No longer. This free GigaOM Pro research paper (click here to download it) gives a solid, fact-based perspective on how IT consumerisation, mobile computing and cloud delivery trends are changing the paradigm.
Posts Tagged ‘nsw’
Enterprise IT, News - Wednesday, December 4, 2013 16:01 - 0 Comments
news NSW Minister for Finance and Services Andrew Constance this week announced the State Government was taking nominations for the refreshed version of its ICT Advisory Panel, as well as the Industry Advisory Group of its Procurement Board.
The previous advisory panel is dominated by high-profile vendor executives, as well as end user chief information officers and analysts. There are five vacancies on the panel, including the position of chair.
The existing panel is chaired by John Baird, Head of Production, Australia New Zealand at Deutsche Bank. Other members includde Phil Cronin, Managing Director, Intel, Barry Dietrich, Enterprise Sales Director, Australia New Zealand, salesforce.com, Bob Hayward, Chief Technology Officer, CSC, Dr Ian Oppermann, Director, CSIRO ICT Centre, Jane Treadwell, Chief Executive Officer, Centre for Excellence in Public Sector Design, Barbara Reed, Director, Recordkeeping Innovation, Lee Barnett, Chief Information Officer, AMP and Dr Steve Hodgkinson, Research Director, Public Sector Technology, Ovum.
“ICT allows the NSW Government to provide better services to the community and drives efficiencies in the way we do business,” Constance said in a statement. “The NSW Government is looking for ICT experts with the right experience, knowledge, skills and commitment to position NSW as a leader in the use of ICT to improve service delivery.” Continue…
- A decade later, third time lucky, NSW LifeLink IT project finishes
- VMware tightens grip on NSW councils
- Following CenITex: NSW may outsource ServiceFirst functions
- Why major IT projects fail: A basic primer
- NSW Govt releases IT anti-corruption guide
- Sydney Water IT faces audit
- Metronode launches NSW Govt datacentre
- Hacked? NSW Education in major outage
- Future IT project fail?
NSW Police gets COPS replacement funding
- Kundra reforms hit Queensland:
State Govt pledges ‘cloud first’, IT dashboard
- NSW Govt consults on ICT policy
- Delusion? South Australia pledges
“No more big ICT projects”
- The NSW RTA’s iMacs lasted a full decade
- NSW Police reportedly settles with Micro Focus
- A round-up of 2012 in government IT
- NSW wants to ban smartphone, tablets, from courts
- NSW moves closer to ‘cloud-first’ strategy
- Conroy threatens naughty NSW with NBN powers
- “Criminal neglect”:
Qld Govt IT fixes to cost up to $6 billion
- “Chaos” in NSW Govt IT shared services
- HP completes giant new NSW datacentre
- IT strategy to lead NSW from “the dark ages”
- NBN satellite gateway for Merimbula
- NSW Govt may scrap IT shared services units
- The datacentres that ate NSW
- NSW Govt settles Tcard dispute
- NSW Education’s HR/finance overhaul goes south
- NSW releases draft ICT strategy to lead tech sector
- Australia’s IT shared services paradigm is dead
- NSW Attorney-General wants GTA banned
- NSW appoints digital economy taskforce
- Apple “price gouging” Australians, claims NSW Minister
- NSW creates health IT agency
- NBN switched on in Kiama, Minnamurra
- NSW expects R18+ “reasonable compromise”
- NSW blocks R18+ video game rating
- St George is dumping GroupWise too
- NSW Govt blocks another transport app
- CeBIT: Victoria NBN opt-in policy ‘short-sighted’: Bartlett
- ‘We’re making history’: Govt on NBN launch
- Vodafone upgrades hit Central Coast customers
- NSW Govt to get another central CIO group
- Free Wi-Fi hits more Sydney ferries
- NSW Education appoints new CIO
- IP war: AIIA tries to “enlighten” Gartner
- Rodriguez exits as NSW cans CIO role
- NSW publishes shared services blueprint
- Video: Was NSW’s Twitter debate successful?
- Pearl Consortium wins NSW Tcard contract
- NSW Opposition promises IT modernisation