The Frustrated State: How terrible tech policy is deterring digital Australia
Written by Delimiter's Renai LeMay, The Frustrated State will be the first in-depth book examining of how Australia’s political sector is systematically mismanaging technological change. Click here to help fund it on Kickstarter.
No Brother: Science fiction, martial arts & Australia's darkest city
Set in Australia's darkest city, No Brother is a vision of a future where martial arts discipline intersects with power, youth and radical technological change. It is the first novel by Delimiter's Renai LeMay. Click here to help fund it on Kickstarter.
Posts Tagged ‘nokia’
Gadgets, News - Tuesday, May 6, 2014 16:48 - 5 Comments
news Nokia this week revealed that its flagship Lumia 2520 tablet would be sold in Australia principally through the nation’s largest telco Telstra, but with a significant markup on the unit’s price which will see Australians slugged with around 56 percent more for the exact same product than United States buyers will pay.
The Lumia 2520 is Nokia’s attempt to match Microsoft’s Surface tablet series as well as Apple’s iPad and Samsung’s Galaxy Tab lines, and was conceived before the Finnish smartphone manufacturer was acquired by Redmind. The device ships with Windows RT 8.1 and featurs a 10.1″ 1080p full HD touchscreen, a 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, a 6.7 megapixel rear camera and a 1.2 megapixel front-facing model. It measures 267 by 168 by 8.9mm, and weighs 615g. It also supports 4G speeds up to 150Mbps down and 50Mbps up, and comes with 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal memory and support for a microSD card up to 64GB.
In a statement released this week, Nokia said the unit would be available exclusively with Telstra online from today (6th May), and in stores nationally from 13th May. Continue…
- Nokia’s 6″ Lumia 1320 hits Australia
- Nokia 1520 lands in Australia
- Nokia Lumia 925: Review
- Nokia’s supersized Lumia 625 hits Oz;
But does it even matter?
- Lumia 925 hits Australia this month
- Nokia Lumia 620: Review
- Non-4G Lumia 720 hits Australia
- Nokia Lumia 820: Review
- KONE staff pick Lumia over iPhone, Samsung, HTC
- Nokia CEO Stephen Elop jets in to Australia
- Samsung ATIV S for Australia in Feb?
- BlackBerry Z10: Preview
- Nokia Lumia 920: Review
- HTC Windows Phone 8X: Review
- Telstra launches 4G Lumia 920, HTC 8X on way
- Nokia Lumia rollout for Sara Lee
- HTC Windows Phone 8X: Preview
- Nokia Lumia 920: Preview
- CommBank standardises in-house fleet on iPhone
- Samsung Galaxy S III: Review
- Nokia shutters Aussie development facility
- Qantas dumps BlackBerrys for iPhones
- Nokia Lumia 610: Review
- 40%: Australian enterprise prefers the iPhone
- Nokia Lumia 900: Review
- Has Fortescue dumped BlackBerry for Nokia?
- Buildcorp deploys 150 Nokia Lumias
- CommBank ditches softphone strategy for smartphones
- Bridgestone picks Lumias for smartphone fleet
- Will Telstra skip Nokia’s Lumia 900?
- Has Telstra delayed HTC One XL launch?
- Nokia previews Lumia 900, 610 in Australia
- Nokia Lumia 710: Review
- Samsung Omnia W: Review
- Telstra to launch first 4G Windows phone
- China’s Huawei moves out of the shadows to join technology race
- Vodafone launches Android clearance sale
- Optus offers Nokia Lumia 800 deals
- Nokia and Samsung lead mobile phone sales as Apple leaps into third place
- Nokia design chief hints at Lumia phones with NFC and wireless charging
- Telstra launches next-gen
Samsung Windows phone
- Nokia puts brave face on 31% decline in sales as Windows smartphones launch
- Nokia: Lumia 800 hits Australia in March
- Nokia Lumia 800: Review
- Nokia N9: Review
- Apple just lost Australia’s smartphone conch
- Android triples Aussie market share in 3 months
- Nokia Australia gets real Aussie as chief
- Nokia N8 goes for $749 on all carriers