Catch issues early, fix them fast – Free trial
[ad] With GFI Cloud you can easily manage and secure your remote workforce – wherever they are, from wherever you are! The simple IT management platform includes patch management, antivirus, web protection, monitoring and remote control. Get the benefit of endpoint protection with the ease of central management. Start a free trial now.
Great articles on other sites
- Sydney Opal card travel history can be accessed by police
- NBN analysis 'like foxes reviewing the hen house': Clare
- Call made to end inflight phone ban
- Australian government undoing profit shifting clamp down: Labor
- National security law reforms
- Victorian Government calls for contributions to shape Victoria’s digital economy
- Will IBM pip Azure at the Aussie cloud post?
- Competition watchdog should break up Foxtel monopoly: Ludlam
- Susan Sly gives up on the CIO game
- Vic Labor puts its support behind mobile police
Posts Tagged ‘northern territory’
Enterprise IT, Featured, News - Friday, May 23, 2014 17:50 - 4 Comments
news The Northern Territory’s parliament has published a landmark report into the management of ICT projects by its departments and agencies, finding a similar list of disasters as have been suffered by other state jurisdictions in Australia and recommending the immediate appointment of a whole of government chief information officer to help rectify the systemic issues.
The report, entitled Management of ICT Projects by Government Agencies, is available online in PDF format and was produced by the Public Accounts Committee of the Territory’s Legislative Assembly. It examined three major ICT projects within the Territory — the Department of Corporate and Information Services’ Asset Management System, Power and Water Corporation’s Asset Management Capability Project, and the Department of Health’s Grants Management System. Issues were found with all three.
Of the three projects reviewed for the inquiry, the Department of Infrastructure’s Asset Management System (AMS) project constituted the most significant failure, according to the report. Continue…
- NT dumps failed Fujitsu/SAP project
- NT gives every police officer an iPad
- NT Govt still buying new IBM mainframes
- Fujitsu/SAP project goes off the rails in NT
- Syntheo hands NT work back to NBN Co
- NT Govt buys a new IBM mainframe
- Announcing the winner: Delimiter’s Kindle Fire giveaway
- NBN Co inks remaining construction deals
- Gillard repeats: Abbott would ‘rip the NBN fibre up’
- Health departments shun official iPad trials
- Amcom wins $20m NT Govt deal
- CSG picks up major NT contracts