The Frustrated State: How terrible tech policy is deterring digital Australia
Written by Delimiter's Renai LeMay, The Frustrated State will be the first in-depth book examining of how Australia’s political sector is systematically mismanaging technological change. Click here to help fund it on Kickstarter.
No Brother: Science fiction, martial arts & Australia's darkest city
Set in Australia's darkest city, No Brother is a vision of a future where martial arts discipline intersects with power, youth and radical technological change. It is the first novel by Delimiter's Renai LeMay. Click here to help fund it on Kickstarter.
Posts Tagged ‘northern territory’
Enterprise IT, Featured, News - Friday, May 23, 2014 17:50 - 4 Comments
news The Northern Territory’s parliament has published a landmark report into the management of ICT projects by its departments and agencies, finding a similar list of disasters as have been suffered by other state jurisdictions in Australia and recommending the immediate appointment of a whole of government chief information officer to help rectify the systemic issues.
The report, entitled Management of ICT Projects by Government Agencies, is available online in PDF format and was produced by the Public Accounts Committee of the Territory’s Legislative Assembly. It examined three major ICT projects within the Territory — the Department of Corporate and Information Services’ Asset Management System, Power and Water Corporation’s Asset Management Capability Project, and the Department of Health’s Grants Management System. Issues were found with all three.
Of the three projects reviewed for the inquiry, the Department of Infrastructure’s Asset Management System (AMS) project constituted the most significant failure, according to the report. Continue…
- NT dumps failed Fujitsu/SAP project
- NT gives every police officer an iPad
- NT Govt still buying new IBM mainframes
- Fujitsu/SAP project goes off the rails in NT
- Syntheo hands NT work back to NBN Co
- NT Govt buys a new IBM mainframe
- Announcing the winner: Delimiter’s Kindle Fire giveaway
- NBN Co inks remaining construction deals
- Gillard repeats: Abbott would ‘rip the NBN fibre up’
- Health departments shun official iPad trials
- Amcom wins $20m NT Govt deal
- CSG picks up major NT contracts