Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre
[ad] Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Click here to visit our Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre with case studies, white papers and articles about Windows Server 2012.
Nokia Lumia Smartphones: Innovation's calling
[ad] Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone comes with unique camera technology, wireless charging and turn-by-turn navigation. Make every image picture perfect. See your city differently. Charge without wires. Click here to learn more.
Save up to $199 on Dell XPS 12 Ultrabooks: Power for your projects and passions.
[ad] This convertible Ultrabook™ delivers the speed and performance you expect from the XPS family in a sleek new design that's ready for work and play. Don't get two pieces of technology when one will do it all. The Dell XPS 12 is a tablet and Ultrabook combined to produce the perfect laptop.
Great articles on other sites
- Galaxy S 4 “Google Edition” to be available in Australia via MobiCity
- When does mission creep become censorship?
- First NBN fibre extension completed
- Proof the internet filter lives on by other means
- Budget 2013: Heavy on 'showcasing', light on strategy
- CGU to replace core insurance system
- Google Australia calls for mandatory comp sci until year 10
- Spectrum fail could help Libs fight Labor's regional NBN
- Offended By Fraudband? Maybe You Shouldn’t Have Said It First
- Brisbane Grammar School prepares for Lync
Managing virtualised environments: Free whitepaper
[ad] Virtualisation is one of the single most important technologies for efficiently operating servers. This free whitepaper presents information about current trends in virtualisation adoption, risks associated with single vendor virtualisation, and the benefits of open source virtualisation. Click here to download the whitepaper.
One More Thing - iOS App Maker Conference - 24th May
[ad] If you make iOS apps, come listen to the best in the industry share their tip & tricks for App Store success. Melbourne, 24th May, 2013 - use the coupon code "delimiter" for 5% off.
At Delimiter we’re passionate about just two things: Technology and Australia.
We exclusively cover the local technology sector — including enterprise IT and telco stories, as well as consumer technology and gaming in the Australian context; leaving international coverage to those overseas. Our audience is primarily IT professionals and early technology adopters.
In terms of our editorial style, we’re not a traditional news site such as that might be operated by a newspaper; but we’re not a purely opinion-based site either. And although we do reviews, we’re not a pure reviews house. Our style contains all of these elements and more, but we’re not bound by any of them. Delimiter is something more complex. The best words that could describe what we do are “blog” and also “community”.
The site is published by LeMay & Galt Media, a Sydney-based independent publishing house established in January 2010 by well-known Australian journalist and writer Renai LeMay. It features various contributors. You can read Renai’s article on why he started Delimiter.
The name ‘Delimiter’ is a technology term which you might have heard referred to in the context of databases, which we found particularly appropriate in the context of the evolving nature of the online news stream. Wikipedia states:
“A delimiter is a sequence of one or more characters used to specify the boundary between separate, independent regions in plain text or other data streams.”
Delimiter and its founder have been written about by various media outlets. You can find a few of these listed here:
- Journo launches tech newswire Delimiter in bid to challenge AAP (Mumbrella)
- Will Renai LeMay’s new media business model work? (Mumbrella)
- Q&A: Renai LeMay on going solo and launching a news service (Australian Anthill)
- Ex-ZDNet editor launches Australian technology news service (Digital Media)
- Renai LeMay on the launch of Delimiter (ITRadio)
- The Changing Face of the Australian Media Space (Margaret Gee’s Australian Media Guide)
- Rise of the journopreneur (The Walkley Magazine)
- The difference between advocacy and analysis (Media Watch)