Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre
[ad] Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Click here to visit our Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre with case studies, white papers and articles about Windows Server 2012.
Nokia Lumia Smartphones: Innovation's calling
[ad] Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone comes with unique camera technology, wireless charging and turn-by-turn navigation. Make every image picture perfect. See your city differently. Charge without wires. Click here to learn more.
Save up to $199 on Dell XPS 12 Ultrabooks: Power for your projects and passions.
[ad] This convertible Ultrabook™ delivers the speed and performance you expect from the XPS family in a sleek new design that's ready for work and play. Don't get two pieces of technology when one will do it all. The Dell XPS 12 is a tablet and Ultrabook combined to produce the perfect laptop.
Great articles on other sites
- Galaxy S 4 “Google Edition” to be available in Australia via MobiCity
- When does mission creep become censorship?
- First NBN fibre extension completed
- Proof the internet filter lives on by other means
- Budget 2013: Heavy on 'showcasing', light on strategy
- CGU to replace core insurance system
- Google Australia calls for mandatory comp sci until year 10
- Spectrum fail could help Libs fight Labor's regional NBN
- Offended By Fraudband? Maybe You Shouldn’t Have Said It First
- Brisbane Grammar School prepares for Lync
Managing virtualised environments: Free whitepaper
[ad] Virtualisation is one of the single most important technologies for efficiently operating servers. This free whitepaper presents information about current trends in virtualisation adoption, risks associated with single vendor virtualisation, and the benefits of open source virtualisation. Click here to download the whitepaper.
One More Thing - iOS App Maker Conference - 24th May
[ad] If you make iOS apps, come listen to the best in the industry share their tip & tricks for App Store success. Melbourne, 24th May, 2013 - use the coupon code "delimiter" for 5% off.
Blog, Telecommunications - Written by Renai LeMay on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:25 - 40 Comments
Merry Christmas from Malcolm Turnbull
blog Following on from yesterday’s Christmas card from the good Senator Stephen Conroy, we’ve now received a similar message of Yuletide cheer from his opposite, Shadow Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull. We believe the festive picture is a view of Bondi Beach from the left-hand side — appropriate given Turnbull’s seat of Wentworth.
In return, we sent a message thanking Turnbull for raising the level of debate in the technology and media portfolios over the past year — given the Coalition’s relative quiesence in these areas in previous years. Whatever you think of Turnbull, after all, there is no doubt that the Liberal MP is genuinely interested in the technology sector and the issues which enflame it — and Turnbull has set a new benchmark for engagement with the community over the past year. Turnbull was easily the most discussed public figure on Delimiter in 2012, and his passion and intellectualism does him credit.
If party policies and allegiances were set aside, the Earl of Wentworth remains your writer’s personal choice for Prime Minister (or perhaps President, one day?). Here’s hoping he can knock Tony Abbott off his (increasingly shaky) perch in 2013.
Leave a Comment
Enterprise IT, Featured, News - May 21, 2013 14:34 - 3 Comments
More In Enterprise IT
- Oracle reveals swathe of Aussie rollouts
- Australia’s universities hacked on a regular basis
- 32 years later, CGU replaces insurance IT platform
- Guzman y Gomez likes the taste of NetSuite
- Microsoft finally launches Surface Pro in Australia
News, Telecommunications - May 21, 2013 11:01 - 21 Comments
More In Telecommunications
- Optus launches TD-LTE 4G trial in Canberra
- Is FTTN vectoring just a pipe dream?
- Turnbull rejects Labor’s NBN subsidy claims
- ASIC blocked “numerous” sites over 9 months
- Telstra suffers another data breach
Blog, Gadgets - May 13, 2013 15:52 - 0 Comments
More In Gadgets
- HP Slate 7 to land in Australia shortly
- Why touchscreens matter for laptops
(Or, review of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch)
- Amazon Appstore challenging Google Play as Australian launch looms
- Consoles to suffer as tablets triple mobile games downloads by 2017
- Despite Aussie windfall, does Apple profit slide suggest hard times ahead?