Great articles on other sites
- something went wrong
Renai's other site: Sci-fi + fantasy book news and reviews
- Kim Stanley Robinson’s new book Aurora is due in July
- What’s the future of “Grimdark” fantasy?
- An epic rant from Richard Morgan about nuance in writing
- Brandon Sanderson’s Firefight: Review
- Get into Jeff VanderMeer’s head as he writes the Southern Reach trilogy
- George R. R. Martin’s next book The Winds of Winter won’t arrive in 2015
- Alastair Reynolds’ Poseidon’s Wake launches 16 April
- Ann Leckie’s Ancillary Sword: Review
- Ann Leckie finishes Ancillary Mercy
- Hannu Rajaniemi’s The Fractal Prince: Review
Posts Tagged ‘blackberry 10’
Enterprise IT, News - Wednesday, March 12, 2014 16:18 - 1 Comment
news Ailing smartphone and mobile device management company BlackBerry has announced several minor smartphone and software wins in the Australian market, as it continues its push to maintain relevance in the face of the continued onslaught of rival platforms such as iOS, Android and Windows Phone.
The company’s handset market share has sunk rapidly in Australia over the past several years, despite the introduction of several new flagship models in the form of the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10, along with its BlackBerry 10 operating system. Much of its role in the market has been taken by Apple iPhones and devices running Google’s Android platform, as well as by Microsoft’s Windows Phone platform, principally running on Nokia handsets.
However, in a statement released yesterday, the company announced that the Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) and Questas had selected BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10) as their enterprise mobility solution, as well as adopting handsets from the company.
The ANAO is a small Federal Government agency which provides audit and assurance services to the Parliament as well as departments and agencies. In the 2012-2013 financial year the organisation had some 373 staff. Continue…