Great articles on other sites
- Unless kids are working, coding should not be taught: Abbott | ZDNet
- CSIRO, NICTA merger could cost 200 jobs - Training & Development - News - iTnews.com.au
- Sydney Opal card travel history can be accessed by police
- NBN analysis 'like foxes reviewing the hen house': Clare
- Call made to end inflight phone ban
- Australian government undoing profit shifting clamp down: Labor
- National security law reforms
- Victorian Government calls for contributions to shape Victoria’s digital economy
- Will IBM pip Azure at the Aussie cloud post?
- Competition watchdog should break up Foxtel monopoly: Ludlam
Posts Tagged ‘blackberry 10’
Enterprise IT, News - Wednesday, March 12, 2014 16:18 - 1 Comment
news Ailing smartphone and mobile device management company BlackBerry has announced several minor smartphone and software wins in the Australian market, as it continues its push to maintain relevance in the face of the continued onslaught of rival platforms such as iOS, Android and Windows Phone.
The company’s handset market share has sunk rapidly in Australia over the past several years, despite the introduction of several new flagship models in the form of the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10, along with its BlackBerry 10 operating system. Much of its role in the market has been taken by Apple iPhones and devices running Google’s Android platform, as well as by Microsoft’s Windows Phone platform, principally running on Nokia handsets.
However, in a statement released yesterday, the company announced that the Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) and Questas had selected BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10) as their enterprise mobility solution, as well as adopting handsets from the company.
The ANAO is a small Federal Government agency which provides audit and assurance services to the Parliament as well as departments and agencies. In the 2012-2013 financial year the organisation had some 373 staff. Continue…