Meet the New Microsoft: Free Event
[ad] The world in which we work and play has changed beyond recognition. And we’ve changed too. It’s time to be re-acquainted. Meet the New Microsoft is a free series of half-day events in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. It's your chance to explore the business opportunities of our times — new services and devices that will help you meet your business goals and invent some new ones.
Nokia Lumia Smartphones: Innovation's calling
[ad] Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone comes with unique camera technology, wireless charging and turn-by-turn navigation. Make every image picture perfect. See your city differently. Charge without wires. Click here to learn more.
Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre
[ad] Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Click here to visit our Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre with case studies, white papers and articles about Windows Server 2012.
Great articles on other sites
- Proof the internet filter lives on by other means
- Budget 2013: Heavy on 'showcasing', light on strategy
- CGU to replace core insurance system
- Google Australia calls for mandatory comp sci until year 10
- Spectrum fail could help Libs fight Labor's regional NBN
- Offended By Fraudband? Maybe You Shouldn’t Have Said It First
- Brisbane Grammar School prepares for Lync
- Coalition wants ex-Telstra players for NBN board
- That NBN Speed Comparison Site Now Looks More Realistic
- GovHack to encourage agencies on open data
Managing virtualised environments: Free whitepaper
[ad] Virtualisation is one of the single most important technologies for efficiently operating servers. This free whitepaper presents information about current trends in virtualisation adoption, risks associated with single vendor virtualisation, and the benefits of open source virtualisation. Click here to download the whitepaper.
Save up to $199 on Dell XPS 12 Ultrabooks: Power for your projects and passions.
[ad] This convertible Ultrabook™ delivers the speed and performance you expect from the XPS family in a sleek new design that's ready for work and play. Don't get two pieces of technology when one will do it all. The Dell XPS 12 is a tablet and Ultrabook combined to produce the perfect laptop.
One More Thing - iOS App Maker Conference - 24th May
[ad] If you make iOS apps, come listen to the best in the industry share their tip & tricks for App Store success. Melbourne, 24th May, 2013 - use the coupon code "delimiter" for 5% off.
Gadgets, Photo Galleries - Written by Renai LeMay on Monday, July 16, 2012 11:04 - 5 Comments
BlackBerry 10 Jam, Sydney: Photo gallery
photo gallery Last week Research in Motion held the Sydney leg of its BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour series of developer events to promote its upcoming BlackBerry 10 operating system. RIM has sent us some photos from the event, as below.
Extended press release below:
The BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour comes to Sydney
The BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour that is taking place in Sydney today is a full-day event dedicated to providing Australia’s developer community with insights on the BlackBerry® 10 platform;, the vision, its key features and how developers can make apps that stand out to app-hungry BlackBerry users. Two hundred fifty participants pre-registered for the now sold out event at Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour.
“BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour will give us the opportunity to engage directly with BlackBerry developers here in Sydney. At the same time, to provide them with insights and support that will help developers to bring out the best, most relevant apps to Australian users on the BlackBerry 10 platform,” said Matt Ball, Managing Director ANZ at RIM, added, “Our goal for the BlackBerry 10 Jams is to ensure our developer communities around the world have the resources and support they need to ready their apps ahead of the launch of BlackBerry 10.”
BlackBerry 10 Jam presents an opportunity for local Australian developers to learn and embrace the powerful and robust BlackBerry 10 platform in order to create compelling apps and content for the local and global market. Alec Saunders, VP Developer Relations, at RIM, added, “There are many talented developers in Sydney so we are pleased to be here. Thus far we have had a great start to the Asia Pacific leg of the BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour, and we’re keeping the momentum going here in Australia. Our priority on the World Tour is to ensure our developer communities around the world have the resources and support they need to ready their apps for the launch of BlackBerry 10.”
The sell-out BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour was enthusiastically accepted by developers as they were eager to understand the capabilities of BlackBerry 10.
Image credit: Research in Motion
Leave a Comment
Blog, Enterprise IT - May 17, 2013 11:49 - 8 Comments
More In Enterprise IT
- Guzman y Gomez likes the taste of NetSuite
- Microsoft finally launches Surface Pro in Australia
- Qantas still finalising Outlook shift
- IT in the budget? Move along, not much to see
- News Ltd builds classifieds site on Google cloud
Featured, Internet, News, Security, Telecommunications - May 16, 2013 21:59 - 15 Comments
More In Telecommunications
- Telstra suffers another data breach
- FOI requests target Section 313 notices
- Global eyes are watching:
EFF condemns Australia’s new Internet filter
- Interpol filter scope creep:
ASIC ordering unilateral website blocks
- Conroy slams Turnbull’s “hysterical” budget “lies”
Blog, Gadgets - May 13, 2013 15:52 - 0 Comments
More In Gadgets
- HP Slate 7 to land in Australia shortly
- Why touchscreens matter for laptops
(Or, review of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch)
- Amazon Appstore challenging Google Play as Australian launch looms
- Consoles to suffer as tablets triple mobile games downloads by 2017
- Despite Aussie windfall, does Apple profit slide suggest hard times ahead?