IT Admin: No Time to Save Time?
[ad] Do you spend too much time patching machines or cleaning up after virus attacks? With automation controlled from a central IT management console accessible anytime, anywhere – you can save time for bigger tasks. Try simple IT management from GFI Cloud and start saving time today!
Free Forrester analysis of CRM solutions
[ad] In this 25 page report, independent analyst house Forrester evaluates 18 significant products in the customer relationship management space from a broad range of vendors, detailing its findings on how CRM suites measure up and plotting where they stand in relation to each other. Download it for free now.
Great articles on other sites
- KPMG’s Alder and AIMIA’s Butterworth form digital agency
- IBM’s Australian MD says more job cuts likely
- Vodafone takes fight to Telstra over regional mobile funding
- Police race to roll out tablets before state rivals
- Vandals break Basslink fibre cable
- WA Sport CIO looks forward to life without data centres
- Labor attempts to force NBN fibre rollout in Tasmania
- Foxtel’s long-standing CIO departs
- Welcome to the era of two-speed IT
- Businesslink review misses January deadline
Posts Tagged ‘mainstream media’
Opinion, Telecommunications - Monday, March 3, 2014 14:55 - 11 Comments
This article is by George Fong (pictured, right), the executive director of Victorian regional telecommunications consultancy Lateral Plains. It first appeared on Lateral Plains’ website and is replicated here with Fong’s permission.
The article was a commentary on a radio interview I did with Tom Elliott on 3AW the night before. I was called by Elliott’s producer a couple of hours beforehand and was asked if I knew anyone they could talk to who had been hooked up to NBN fibre. All of my senior tech team was but they all ducked for cover!
I was asked if I would go on and I said yes, as we had helped a number of clients set up their connections. I will concede that what really got my interest was a comment made by the producer about this $233 billion build figure for FTTP that had been thrown around in Mainstream Media (MSM).
I got to talk to Tom just after 5pm. I have done the occasional interview on 3AW in the past before and whilst I am always nervous about these things on commercial radio, we chatted, I put my views forward and it ended. I thought nothing more of it. Continue…