Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre
[ad] Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Click here to visit our Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre with case studies, white papers and articles about Windows Server 2012.
Great articles on other sites
- Australia has already given up on an all-fibre NBN
- Australian government, Bob Carr reaction to PRISM, NSA
- Govt makes record amount of data sharing requests
- WorkSafe ACT plays down asbestos risk
- Games of Thrones Season Finale Sets New Piracy Record
- Australian 'Apple tax' repealed for MacBook Air
- Vodafone 4G — Preview
- IBM Lays Off Workers Around The World In New Strategy
- PRISM revives data sovereignty arguments in Australia
- Start-ups hope for tax rules support for options lure
Managing virtualised environments: Free whitepaper
[ad] Virtualisation is one of the single most important technologies for efficiently operating servers. This free whitepaper presents information about current trends in virtualisation adoption, risks associated with single vendor virtualisation, and the benefits of open source virtualisation. Click here to download the whitepaper.
Blog, Enterprise IT - Written by Renai LeMay on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:31 - 0 Comments
NAB CIO gets promotion amongst reshuffle
blog The National Australia Bank appears to have conducted a minor reshuffle of its executive leadership team, including what appears to be a promotion for NAB chief information officer Adam Bennett. The media release:
“NAB senior leadership appointments: National Australia Bank today announced a number of senior leadership appointments across the bank.
Christine Bartlett has been appointed Executive General Manager, Asset Servicing, Wholesale Banking. In this role Christine will be responsible for NAB’s market leading Asset Servicing business. Since joining NAB three years ago as Executive Program Director, NextGen, Christine has successfully led the NextGen program and the delivery of several key initiatives, including the successful migration of more than 300,000 UBank customers on to the new core banking capability.
Leigh Watson will be taking on a new role within Wholesale Banking, which will be announced shortly. Leigh has been Executive General Manager, Asset Servicing, for the past four years where the business has maintained a market leadership position and has seen assets under custody grow by 20%. Christine and Leigh report to Rick Sawers, Group Executive, Wholesale Banking.
Adam Bennett has been appointed Executive General Manager, Enterprise Transformation, within Group Business Services. Adam has for the past three-and-a-half years been Chief Information Officer, and was responsible for delivering major enterprise release programs and transforming key parts of NAB’s technology environment. In his new role Adam will be accountable for driving NAB’s transformation agenda, including the NextGen program, Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Project Services.
Denis McGee has been appointed Chief Technology Officer within Group Business Services. He will be responsible for the operation of technology services including applications, mainframe and server infrastructure, data centres, the core network and IT security. Denis was most recently General Manager, Application Development and Testing. Adam and Denis report to Gavin Slater, Group Executive, Business Services. All appointments are effective Thursday 15 November, 2012.”
Leave a Comment
Blog, Enterprise IT - Jun 20, 2013 10:24 - 0 Comments
More In Enterprise IT
- Attanasio takes NSW RMS CIO role
- Kundra reforms hit Queensland:
State Govt pledges ‘cloud first’, IT dashboard
- Questions raised about Post IT transformation
- Qld Govt depts home to botnets
- 2,000 Qld IT staff to be outsourced, says union
News, Telecommunications - Jun 19, 2013 11:39 - 14 Comments
More In Telecommunications
- Pointless? Google to trial net balloons in Oz
- First Vodafone 4G tests: It’s fast, but patchy
- Internode’s business plans: Now identical to iiNet
- Coalition NBN completed ‘six years faster’:
False claims from Liberal MP
- Finally: Vodafone switches on 4G network
Blog, Gadgets - Jun 19, 2013 15:32 - 5 Comments
More In Gadgets
- HP admits: We deceived consumers
- Huawei’s new P6 superphone lands in July
- Rejected: No iTunes Radio for Australia
- Buyer beware: No Aussie 4G support
for HTC, Samsung ‘Nexus’ units
- Tax heat intensifies on Apple Australia