Great articles on other sites
- Sydney Opal card travel history can be accessed by police
- NBN analysis 'like foxes reviewing the hen house': Clare
- Call made to end inflight phone ban
- Australian government undoing profit shifting clamp down: Labor
- National security law reforms
- Victorian Government calls for contributions to shape Victoria’s digital economy
- Will IBM pip Azure at the Aussie cloud post?
- Competition watchdog should break up Foxtel monopoly: Ludlam
- Susan Sly gives up on the CIO game
- Vic Labor puts its support behind mobile police
Posts Tagged ‘offshore’
News, Telecommunications - Monday, February 17, 2014 11:15 - 15 Comments
news One of Telstra’s main unions has heavily criticised the company for a reported plan to send as many as 1,000 jobs offshore in yet another round of offshoring at the telco, stating that Telstra isn’t treating its Australian workforce fairly in the context of its ongoing profit growth.
This month Telstra announced that its profits for the six months to the end of December grew 8.8 percent to $1.6 billion, although its revenues grew only slightly in that period. The company is making solid gains in the mobile sector, where it is still growing strongly, taking customers away from competing telcos Optus and Vodafone as it leverages its superior mobile networks.
However, the news came as the company appears set to conduct another offshoring round. Telstra has avoided sending Australian jobs offshore in the past, but has conducted substantial offshoring initiatives under current chief executive David Thodey. The Financial Review reported this month that the telco could could outsource as many as 1000 jobs to the Philippines and India following a review by two management consulting firms that is due to be completed by the end of next month. Continue…
- Union protests against Tassie losing 56 IT jobs
- IBM Australia jobs going across the Tasman?
Great, says New Zealand
- QBE shifts 100 IT roles to India
- CommBank won’t store data offshore
- Australian Govt pledges action on Google tax avoidance
- NSW agencies push very hard for SaaS rollouts
- Offshore cloud providers popular in Australia
- Westpac: A case study for the complex cloud
- Apple’s iCloud: Another offshore regulatory headache?
- AAPT sends Sydney call centre offshore
- Will IBM offshore 800 jobs?
- IBM shifting jobs offshore, union claims