Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre
[ad] Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Click here to visit our Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre with case studies, white papers and articles about Windows Server 2012.
Great articles on other sites
- Australia has already given up on an all-fibre NBN
- Australian government, Bob Carr reaction to PRISM, NSA
- Govt makes record amount of data sharing requests
- WorkSafe ACT plays down asbestos risk
- Games of Thrones Season Finale Sets New Piracy Record
- Australian 'Apple tax' repealed for MacBook Air
- Vodafone 4G — Preview
- IBM Lays Off Workers Around The World In New Strategy
- PRISM revives data sovereignty arguments in Australia
- Start-ups hope for tax rules support for options lure
Managing virtualised environments: Free whitepaper
[ad] Virtualisation is one of the single most important technologies for efficiently operating servers. This free whitepaper presents information about current trends in virtualisation adoption, risks associated with single vendor virtualisation, and the benefits of open source virtualisation. Click here to download the whitepaper.
News - Written by Renai LeMay on Tuesday, June 1, 2010 10:14 - 1 Comment
Jetstar to rent iPads to passengers for $10
Low-cost airline Jetstar has revealed plans to trial the iPad as an in-flight entertainment option, with customers to pay $10 to rent the Apple device on board selected domestic routes in June.
According to a statement issued by the company this morning, the iPads provided to customers will come with movies, TV programs, eBooks, music videos, games and music CDs, with the company’s chief executive officer Bruce Buchanan describing the pilot as “very exciting” as it anticipated huge demand for Apple’s tablet from customers.
“Given the demand for the iPad so far, I anticipate it will have strong appeal amongst our passengers,” the executive said. “In addition to offering low fares, great customer service and more choice, it’s important that we can provide the latest in innovative technology to entertain our customers on board.”
“Based on demand for the iPads as part of the trial, we’ll be looking to roll out the devices across our entire domestic and international network later in the year.” Jetstar will work with in-flight entertainment specialist Bluebox Avionics and Stellar Inflight on the trial.
Comment is being sought from Jetstar as to how many iPads it will order, and whether it anticipates difficulties with getting the devices on time — at least one customer has reported that Apple Australia has placed a temporary embargo on corporate orders of the iPad due to strong consumer demand.
Image credit: Apple
Leave a Comment
Enterprise IT, News - Jun 20, 2013 12:12 - 0 Comments
More In Enterprise IT
- Future IT project fail?
NSW Police gets COPS replacement funding
- Is IBM retrenching 1,500 Aussie staff?
- Attanasio takes NSW RMS CIO role
- Kundra reforms hit Queensland:
State Govt pledges ‘cloud first’, IT dashboard
- Questions raised about Post IT transformation
News, Telecommunications - Jun 19, 2013 11:39 - 15 Comments
More In Telecommunications
- Pointless? Google to trial net balloons in Oz
- First Vodafone 4G tests: It’s fast, but patchy
- Internode’s business plans: Now identical to iiNet
- Coalition NBN completed ‘six years faster’:
False claims from Liberal MP
- Finally: Vodafone switches on 4G network
Blog, Gadgets - Jun 19, 2013 15:32 - 5 Comments
More In Gadgets
- HP admits: We deceived consumers
- Huawei’s new P6 superphone lands in July
- Rejected: No iTunes Radio for Australia
- Buyer beware: No Aussie 4G support
for HTC, Samsung ‘Nexus’ units
- Tax heat intensifies on Apple Australia