Enjoy the freedom to innovate and grow your business
[ad] With Microsoft Azure you have hybrid cloud flexibility, allowing your platform to span your cloud and on premise data centre. Learn more at microsoftcloud.com.
IT Admin: No Time to Save Time?
[ad] Do you spend too much time patching machines or cleaning up after virus attacks? With automation controlled from a central IT management console accessible anytime, anywhere – you can save time for bigger tasks. Try simple IT management from GFI Cloud and start saving time today!
Free Forrester analysis of CRM solutions
[ad] In this 25 page report, independent analyst house Forrester evaluates 18 significant products in the customer relationship management space from a broad range of vendors, detailing its findings on how CRM suites measure up and plotting where they stand in relation to each other. Download it for free now.
Great articles on other sites
- Susan Sly quits AEMO
- David Gee departs Credit Union Australia
- Former Jetstar CIO picks up new gig
- Bitcoin goes retail with Westfield ATM
- Turnbull too quick to abandon faster, smarter broadband service
- NBN hypocrisy confirms contempt for process
- Turnbull walks away from NBN high ground claims
- Costs must be fixed first in piracy solution: Comms Alliance
- NAB deploys Chaos Monkey to kill servers 24/7
- History won't judge Turnbull's governance-free NBN kindly
Reader giveaway: Google Nexus 5
We’re big fans of Google’s Nexus line-up in general at Delimiter towers. Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 … we love pretty much anything Nexus. Because of this we've kicked off a new competition to give away one of Google’s new Nexus 5 smartphones to a lucky reader. Click here to enter.
Blog, Enterprise IT - Written by Renai LeMay on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:00 - 0 Comments
Fire & Rescue dumps GroupWise for hosted Exchange
blog Fire and Rescue NSW is rapidly developing a reputation — as its sister agency the former NSW Roads and Traffic Authority did a decade before it — for implementing innovative technology solutions to keep its far-flung operations afloat. In November last year it was revealed that the group had deployed some 400 Chromeboxes throughout its operations, and yesterday The Australian revealed more innovative moves on the email front. The newspaper reports (we recommend you click here for the full article):
“The move means the agency will replace Novell GroupWise with Microsoft Exchange in the cloud for email, according to chief information officer Richard Host.”
We’re not quite sure here what the precise nature of the solution is, but it looks like a hosted version of Microsoft Exchange rather than Microsoft’s Office 365 software as a service platform. That probably means Fire and Rescue NSW is buying the solution as a service from a local provider like Fujitsu. In any case, we’re sure Fire and Rescue’s employees be extremely pleased to finally exit the ageing GroupWise platform, and this kind of move is yet another encouraging sign that the entire NSW Government is highly interested in investigating cloud computing solutions right now. Nice one.
Enterprise IT, News - Apr 17, 2014 16:39 - 0 Comments
More In Enterprise IT
- WA Health told: Hire a goddamn CIO already
- Former whole of Qld Govt CIO Grant resigns
- Hills dumped $18m ERP/CRM rollout for Salesforce.com
- Dropbox opens Sydney office
- Heartbleed, internal outages: CBA’s horror 24 hours
News, Telecommunications - Apr 17, 2014 11:01 - 147 Comments
More In Telecommunications
- CBN FTTN test shows speeds of 105Mbps
- “Labor mindset”: Turnbull denies cost/benefit hypocrisy
- One.Tel saga finally concluded
- NBN Co’s Telstra bill may be $98 billion
- NBN Co to kill TPG rollout while Minister dithers
More In Industry
- Hackett takes 40 percent UltraServe stake
- Tesla Model S may come to Australia shortly
- Equinix expands third Sydney datacentre
- Atlassian sells US$150m stock to US funds
- NSW Govt directly regulates taxi mobile apps
Digital Rights, News - Apr 17, 2014 12:41 - 15 Comments
More In Digital Rights
- NAB’s Bitcoin ban a symptom of the digital currency threat
- Europe says no to data retention, so why is it an option in Australia?
- House Foxtel: Unbowed, Unbent and Unreasonable
- Once again, Australia sets new Game of Thrones piracy record
- Website blocks, court orders, three strikes: Rights holders want it all