Great articles on other sites
- Unless kids are working, coding should not be taught: Abbott | ZDNet
- CSIRO, NICTA merger could cost 200 jobs - Training & Development - News - iTnews.com.au
- Sydney Opal card travel history can be accessed by police
- NBN analysis 'like foxes reviewing the hen house': Clare
- Call made to end inflight phone ban
- Australian government undoing profit shifting clamp down: Labor
- National security law reforms
- Victorian Government calls for contributions to shape Victoria’s digital economy
- Will IBM pip Azure at the Aussie cloud post?
- Competition watchdog should break up Foxtel monopoly: Ludlam
Posts Tagged ‘ICANN’
News, Telecommunications - Monday, December 3, 2012 11:37 - 13 Comments
news Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has revealed he is leading a team to a key telecommunications conference being held in Dubai this week at which the International Telecommunications Union is attempting to seek greater control over the operation of the Internet.
The ITU is an agency of the United Nations which is responsible for technology. It is usually best known for its work setting international telecommunications and technology standards, although it also oversees other areas such as the administration of satellite orbits and so on. It is currently seeking to bring more administration of the Internet under its wing, taking power away from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, a US non-profit corporation.