Great articles on other sites
- Sydney Opal card travel history can be accessed by police
- NBN analysis 'like foxes reviewing the hen house': Clare
- Call made to end inflight phone ban
- Australian government undoing profit shifting clamp down: Labor
- National security law reforms
- Victorian Government calls for contributions to shape Victoria’s digital economy
- Will IBM pip Azure at the Aussie cloud post?
- Competition watchdog should break up Foxtel monopoly: Ludlam
- Susan Sly gives up on the CIO game
- Vic Labor puts its support behind mobile police
Posts Tagged ‘soe’
Enterprise IT, Featured, News - Monday, July 30, 2012 13:00 - 73 Comments
news The Commonwealth Bank of Australia is currently reeling with internal chaos and some service delivery problems, following what appears to be a disastrous misapplication of an operating system patch to thousands of desktop PCs and hundreds of servers last week.
According to sources, on Thursday last week a patch was issued using Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) remote deployment tool. It appears as if the patch was intended to be distributed to a number of the bank’s desktop PCs only, but it was mistakenly applied to a much wider swathe of the bank’s desktop and server fleet than was intended.