IT Admin: No Time to Save Time?
[ad] Do you spend too much time patching machines or cleaning up after virus attacks? With automation controlled from a central IT management console accessible anytime, anywhere – you can save time for bigger tasks. Try simple IT management from GFI Cloud and start saving time today!
Free Forrester analysis of CRM solutions
[ad] In this 25 page report, independent analyst house Forrester evaluates 18 significant products in the customer relationship management space from a broad range of vendors, detailing its findings on how CRM suites measure up and plotting where they stand in relation to each other. Download it for free now.
Great articles on other sites
- KPMG’s Alder and AIMIA’s Butterworth form digital agency
- IBM’s Australian MD says more job cuts likely
- Vodafone takes fight to Telstra over regional mobile funding
- Police race to roll out tablets before state rivals
- Vandals break Basslink fibre cable
- WA Sport CIO looks forward to life without data centres
- Labor attempts to force NBN fibre rollout in Tasmania
- Foxtel’s long-standing CIO departs
- Welcome to the era of two-speed IT
- Businesslink review misses January deadline
Posts Tagged ‘soe’
Enterprise IT, Featured, News - Monday, July 30, 2012 13:00 - 73 Comments
news The Commonwealth Bank of Australia is currently reeling with internal chaos and some service delivery problems, following what appears to be a disastrous misapplication of an operating system patch to thousands of desktop PCs and hundreds of servers last week.
According to sources, on Thursday last week a patch was issued using Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) remote deployment tool. It appears as if the patch was intended to be distributed to a number of the bank’s desktop PCs only, but it was mistakenly applied to a much wider swathe of the bank’s desktop and server fleet than was intended.