[ad] The service leader for Cloud is now in Australia. Secure, reliable cloud and managed hosting all backed by 24x7x365 Fanatical Support. Create your free account now.
Buy an Seagate Business Storage NAS for your chance to win a holiday
[ad] Purchase a selected Seagate Business Storage NAS to receive a $20 cash-back AND go into the draw to win a $1,000 Flight Centre voucher so you can holiday in the destination of your choice. T&Cs apply.
Great articles on other sites
- NBN Co strategic review to be released tomorrow
- Xbox One smashes sales records
- Tech leaders call for speed, ubiquity in NBN rollout
- AIIA urges Hockey to tackle taxes
- IBM accuses Qld govt of trying to ‘rewrite history’
- Newlease undergoes reverse takeover to score ASX listing
- Australia Post loses battle | The Australian
- Start-ups leap at Telstra's accelerator
- Labor won't hand over NBN advice to Turnbull
- Adelaide Uni on hiring blitz for tech transformation
How mobile and social media affect your Customer Experience strategy
[ad] How will the adoption of mobile devices and social media affect your Customer Experience strategy? Are you reaching your organisation's customers through these touch points? Click here to download a whitepaper by Fifth Quadrant examining consumer and business attitudes to these new contact channels.
50 things top IT pros need to know
[ad] This 18 page TechRepublic whitepaper explores 10 things you should know to become an epic IT manager, 40 other essential tips to advance your IT career and practical guidance for starting an IT consulting business. Click here to access the whitepaper.
Posts Tagged ‘simon hackett’
News, Telecommunications - Monday, November 25, 2013 12:53 - 7 Comments
news Departing board director Simon Hackett and other iiNet senior figures have rubbished the idea that the temporary loss of long-time chief executive officer and other senior figures such as Hackett himself from the ISP could lead to innovation dying at the ISP.
iiNet is about to lose three of its most senior executive and board director figures for a substantial amount of time. Hackett himself, who came to iiNet through the acquisition of the ISP he founded, Internode, will shortly depart the company’s board to take up a similar position at the National Broadband Network Company, although he will retain a significant parcel of shares in iiNet.
iiNet chief executive Michael Malone last week signalled plans to take a break of between three to six months from the business he founded in his garage some 20 years ago, with iiNet’s chief financial officer David Buckingham to step in as acting chief executive in his absence.
And long-time iiNet board director Paul Broad, himself a veteran of the ISP industry through his stewardship of AAPT and PowerTel, has also signalled plans to step down from the ISP’s board due to his move to take a position as chief executive of Snowy Hydro. Continue…
- iiNet’s Malone takes 3-6 month sabbatical
- Labor decries more NBN “jobs for the boys”
- Turnbull appoints Simon Hackett, others to NBN board
- Coalition NBN plans lack detail, says iiNet
- Petition: Get Simon Hackett onto NBN Co’s board
- Rethinking the NBN: Hackett’s just getting started
- Why Simon Hackett should be on the NBN board
- Internode’s business plans: Now identical to iiNet
- Low-cost Telstra ‘Adam’ brand worries iiNet
- Telstra’s Adam buy will boost competition,
say Hackett & Malone
- Red underpants? Yes, Minister, says Hackett
- Hackett buys personal ten-seater plane
- Internode plans for 4G mobile launch
- How important will NBN contention ratios be?
- Simon Hackett quits Internode for iiNet board
- iiNet ramps up Internode digestion
- Geo-block busting ISP not realistic, says Hackett
- Have iiNet’s acquisitions helped or harmed competition?
- No switch-off date yet for Usenet, says Internode
- Internode to “quietly” shut down Usenet service
- Internode to migrate customers to iiNet DSLAMs
- iiNet completes Internode buyout a month early
- Internode revamps estates fibre plans
- Govt blocks Internode FOI request for Telstra/NBN deal
- TPG may buy iiNet, Telstra tells staff
- Hackett hammers iiNode critics
- Chekhov’s gun: Why Hackett had to fire Internode
- Hackett’s NBN scale claim “sheerest nonsense”: Linton
- The theory of infinite Simon Hacketts
- Internode maintains filter stance after iiNet buyout
- Internode sale shows NBN killing competition: Turnbull
- NBN policy spurred Internode buyout, says Hackett
- iiNet to buy Internode
- Internode streams music festival Australia-wide
- NodePony versus T-Pony: Fight!
- The National Broadband Network matrix
- Simon Hackett should “cash out”, sell Internode,
says iiNet CEO Malone
- If TPG buys iiNet, NBN competition is sunk
- “Crazy” Telstra prices limit Internode S. Brisbane plans
- NBN Co must own Telstra’s copper, says Hackett
- Mass piracy lawsuits: ISPs go completely silent
- Internode hints at NBN pricing change
- Opinion: Internode must slash its horrible NBN pricing
- Coalition victory could trigger Internode fibre rollout
- Internode up shit creek? Bullcrap. Here’s why.
- Internode wants to resell Telstra HFC, Next G
- 95Mbps may be the NBN’s real-world limit
- Telstra still a major headache for iiNet
- Will Telstra give iiNet one 4G ring to rule Optus?
- Internode rolls out IPv6 to customers
- CVC rebate won’t change Internode’s NBN prices
- NBN Co brokers CVC truce with Hackett
- Internode apologises for pricing plan “stuffup”
- The definition of irony …
- Why NBN ISPs won’t all perform the same
- Internode forces some customers onto new plans
- NBN ISPs perform the same, says Linton
- NBN Co welcomes Internode’s “very good prices”
- Internode prices prove NBN failure, says Turnbull
- Pulling apart the NBN’s untenable pricing model
(by Simon Hackett)
- Internode unveils NBN pricing
- Reality check: Internode is not ‘price gouging’
- Telstra ‘price squeeze’: Hackett slams ACCC inaction
- iiNet’s Malone calls for end to NBN politics
- We’ll filter when the law makes us: Internode
- Internode chief’s bitter NBN pill
- Could Internode buy iiNet? On paper … maybe.
- Nextgen’s wholesale ‘no magic bullet’, says Hackett
- Simon Hackett needs one of these babies
- The IPv4 sky isn’t falling, says Internode
- Simon Hackett: From Internode MD, to NBN Co blogger
- Conroy has “stuffed up” NBN pricing, says Hackett
- NBN Co opens peace talks with Simon Hackett
- Internode launches FetchTV IPTV
- Why Telstra is wrong on VoIP (by Simon Hackett)
- Hackett rubbishes NBN Co’s ‘crystal ball gazing’
- NBN Co releases wholesale pricing calculator
- Pricing stoush: NBN Co Whirlpools its rationale
- YOU’RE WRONG AGAIN, Hackett tells Conroy
- NBN Co joins Whirlpool in Internode retort
- Welcome to NBN 17. It’s safer here.
- Conroy factually incorrect on Internode NBN submission
- NBN “a joint venture with Telstra”
- Internode had its chance to complain, says Conroy
- Hackett’s premise flawed, says NBN Co
- ‘Insane’ NBN pricing will kill small ISPs: Hackett
- Miser Internode is hoarding IPv4 addresses
- Hackett exits iiNet’s Top Geek poll; appointed judge
- Oh dear: Simon Hackett, datacentre disco star
- Internode warns: New PoI model
could consolidate ISP industry
- Many PoI NBN model “insane”, says Hackett
- Is this man Australia’s top geek?
- Australia’s emissary to Blizzard: Simon Hackett
- Call me, Thodey tells Simon Hackett
- Telstra declines “public battle” with customer Internode
- Telstra playing favourites, Internode claims
- Internode cuts terabyte pricing by $30/month
- Internode joins terabyte brigade
- Internode unveils fetchtv trial
- Terabyte war: Internode in plan changes
- Customers, ISPs praise NBN Tasmania launch
- Filter an example of Rudd’s Whitlamesque stupidity, says Linton
- iiNet IPTV available this month
- Simon Hackett reviews the Apple iPad
- Internode reveals Tasmanian NBN plans
- Where’s the NBN policy?
- Is Exetel’s NBN pricing for real?
- Internode revamps plans, plans FetchTV launch
- Conroy’s wrong on net filtering
- Video: Simon Hackett’s Tesla Roadster
- After 16 years, Michael Malone is still excited