The Frustrated State: How terrible tech policy is deterring digital Australia
Written by Delimiter's Renai LeMay, The Frustrated State will be the first in-depth book examining of how Australia’s political sector is systematically mismanaging technological change. Click here to help fund it on Kickstarter.
No Brother: Science fiction, martial arts & Australia's darkest city
Set in Australia's darkest city, No Brother is a vision of a future where martial arts discipline intersects with power, youth and radical technological change. It is the first novel by Delimiter's Renai LeMay. Click here to help fund it on Kickstarter.
Posts Tagged ‘outage’
Enterprise IT, News, Security - Monday, December 2, 2013 16:02 - 3 Comments
news An audit of departments and agencies within the Victorian Government has found many don’t have sufficient business continuity/disaster recovery facilities to keep them operating in the event of a major disaster, with the situation exacerbated by the lack of capability found at IT shared services agency CenITex.
CenITex was set up in July 2008 from the merger of the previous Shared Services Centre and Information & Technology Services divisions under the Department of Treasury and Finance, and has since rolled in a number of major departments and agencies to use its services, such as the Departments of Human Services (health) and Justice.
However, the agency has failed a number of its core functions over the past several years and had also become a haven for unethical procurement practices. It has gone through several major redundancy rounds, and in September the Victorian Government went to market for IT outsourcing partners to replace large chunks of the service delivery functionality currently provided by the agency.
In a report published last week regarding the state’s 11 major portfolio departments and their 197 associated entities, Victorian Government Auditor-General piled more fuel onto the CenITex fire. Continue…
- Hacked? NSW Education in major outage
- Telstra’s cloud computing suffers 24 hour outage
- Troubles mount at EnergyAustralia as CIO leaves
- Macquarie Telecom suffers major outage
- Melbourne IT knocked Twitter URLs offline
- IT glitch takes down CityLink tunnels
- National IT outage “minimal”, claims CommBank
- HP CEO Whitman lands in Australia
- CBA outage took down CommSee
- Disastrous patch cripples CommBank
- Telstra downplays 3G CBD issue
- Telstra’s 3G network is dying in CBDs
- Leap year outages: Nostalgia for Y2K?
- IBM suffers “catastrophic failure” at health dept
- CenITex failure kills govt email for “up to a week”
- SAN failure bedevils Tech.Ed training
- Winter of Vodafone’s discontent: 375k customers lost
- 4,800 DistributeIT sites “unrecoverable”
- AICD’s membership data stolen
- Telstra loses Far North Qld link
- AAPT chief backs Queensland facilities
- POWERED DOWN: Flood takes out AAPT datacentre
- Learning to grin and bear it: Vodafone’s bad month
- NAB glitches validate core banking overhaul: Clyne
- What the hell is going on at NAB?
- Navitaire outage to cost Virgin $15-20m
- Navitaire outage strands Virgin Blue passengers
- Electricity outage takes Centrelink services down
- Oh dear: Conroy’s failure to launch
- Next G goes down in Queensland