[ad] The service leader for Cloud is now in Australia. Secure, reliable cloud and managed hosting all backed by 24x7x365 Fanatical Support. Create your free account now.
Buy an Seagate Business Storage NAS for your chance to win a holiday
[ad] Purchase a selected Seagate Business Storage NAS to receive a $20 cash-back AND go into the draw to win a $1,000 Flight Centre voucher so you can holiday in the destination of your choice. T&Cs apply.
How mobile and social media affect your Customer Experience strategy
[ad] How will the adoption of mobile devices and social media affect your Customer Experience strategy? Are you reaching your organisation's customers through these touch points? Click here to download a whitepaper by Fifth Quadrant examining consumer and business attitudes to these new contact channels.
Great articles on other sites
- Turnbull to release NBN review next week
- Canberra blitzes states with NBN take-up rates
- War on whistleblowers from Abbott, Turnbull as ICJ case arrives
- Stockland tech revamp at centre of growth plans
- Clare warns of Gonski-like backflips on the NBN
- Victoria seeks early buy-in to avoid past disasters
- Vtalk bucks the China trend with plan for Aussie build
- Booksellers bristle at Amazon's arrival
- Australian customers upbeat on Dell going private
- FTTP NBN supporters lobby Turnbull
50 things top IT pros need to know
[ad] This 18 page TechRepublic whitepaper explores 10 things you should know to become an epic IT manager, 40 other essential tips to advance your IT career and practical guidance for starting an IT consulting business. Click here to access the whitepaper.
The new IT manager: Trends affecting IT in business
[ad] The tables have turned for IT managers. IT used to be able to dictate which computing assets would be used by employees and how they would be used. No longer. This free GigaOM Pro research paper (click here to download it) gives a solid, fact-based perspective on how IT consumerisation, mobile computing and cloud delivery trends are changing the paradigm.
Posts Tagged ‘outage’
Enterprise IT, News, Security - Monday, December 2, 2013 16:02 - 3 Comments
news An audit of departments and agencies within the Victorian Government has found many don’t have sufficient business continuity/disaster recovery facilities to keep them operating in the event of a major disaster, with the situation exacerbated by the lack of capability found at IT shared services agency CenITex.
CenITex was set up in July 2008 from the merger of the previous Shared Services Centre and Information & Technology Services divisions under the Department of Treasury and Finance, and has since rolled in a number of major departments and agencies to use its services, such as the Departments of Human Services (health) and Justice.
However, the agency has failed a number of its core functions over the past several years and had also become a haven for unethical procurement practices. It has gone through several major redundancy rounds, and in September the Victorian Government went to market for IT outsourcing partners to replace large chunks of the service delivery functionality currently provided by the agency.
In a report published last week regarding the state’s 11 major portfolio departments and their 197 associated entities, Victorian Government Auditor-General piled more fuel onto the CenITex fire. Continue…
- Hacked? NSW Education in major outage
- Telstra’s cloud computing suffers 24 hour outage
- Troubles mount at EnergyAustralia as CIO leaves
- Macquarie Telecom suffers major outage
- Melbourne IT knocked Twitter URLs offline
- IT glitch takes down CityLink tunnels
- National IT outage “minimal”, claims CommBank
- HP CEO Whitman lands in Australia
- CBA outage took down CommSee
- Disastrous patch cripples CommBank
- Telstra downplays 3G CBD issue
- Telstra’s 3G network is dying in CBDs
- Leap year outages: Nostalgia for Y2K?
- IBM suffers “catastrophic failure” at health dept
- CenITex failure kills govt email for “up to a week”
- SAN failure bedevils Tech.Ed training
- Winter of Vodafone’s discontent: 375k customers lost
- 4,800 DistributeIT sites “unrecoverable”
- AICD’s membership data stolen
- Telstra loses Far North Qld link
- AAPT chief backs Queensland facilities
- POWERED DOWN: Flood takes out AAPT datacentre
- Learning to grin and bear it: Vodafone’s bad month
- NAB glitches validate core banking overhaul: Clyne
- What the hell is going on at NAB?
- Navitaire outage to cost Virgin $15-20m
- Navitaire outage strands Virgin Blue passengers
- Electricity outage takes Centrelink services down
- Oh dear: Conroy’s failure to launch
- Next G goes down in Queensland