Enjoy the freedom to innovate and grow your business
[ad] With Microsoft Azure you have hybrid cloud flexibility, allowing your platform to span your cloud and on premise data centre. Learn more at microsoftcloud.com.
IT Admin: No Time to Save Time?
[ad] Do you spend too much time patching machines or cleaning up after virus attacks? With automation controlled from a central IT management console accessible anytime, anywhere – you can save time for bigger tasks. Try simple IT management from GFI Cloud and start saving time today!
Free Forrester analysis of CRM solutions
[ad] In this 25 page report, independent analyst house Forrester evaluates 18 significant products in the customer relationship management space from a broad range of vendors, detailing its findings on how CRM suites measure up and plotting where they stand in relation to each other. Download it for free now.
Great articles on other sites
- Defence given $48m buffer for distributed computing
- Susan Sly quits AEMO
- David Gee departs Credit Union Australia
- Former Jetstar CIO picks up new gig
- Bitcoin goes retail with Westfield ATM
- Turnbull too quick to abandon faster, smarter broadband service
- NBN hypocrisy confirms contempt for process
- Turnbull walks away from NBN high ground claims
- Costs must be fixed first in piracy solution: Comms Alliance
- NAB deploys Chaos Monkey to kill servers 24/7
Reader giveaway: Google Nexus 5
We’re big fans of Google’s Nexus line-up in general at Delimiter towers. Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 … we love pretty much anything Nexus. Because of this we've kicked off a new competition to give away one of Google’s new Nexus 5 smartphones to a lucky reader. Click here to enter.
Posts Tagged ‘job cuts’
News, Telecommunications - Thursday, February 20, 2014 13:24 - 3 Comments
news Telstra’s advertising and directories business Sensis has revealed plans to cut about 800 jobs Australia-wide, in a move that one of the telco’s main unions has immediately stated will “irreparably harm local economies and erode the nation’s skills base”.
The company had previously been reported to be considering cutting up to 400 jobs. However, in a statement released yesterday, Sensis said a proposal currently being considered would result in an overall reduction of approximately 800 roles nationally across Sensis’ advertising operations, sales, management and support areas.
Sensis Managing Director, John Allan, said becoming a more digitally-focused marketing services company was an important part of Sensis’ strategy and future as it met the challenge of increased competition from online and mobile search directories.
“These changes are designed to support our growing digital business, respond to competition and deliver improvements in the service we provide to our customers,” Allan said. “As a leader in digital marketing services and print directories serving Australian businesses, Sensis needs to remain responsive to the changing media landscape. While these decisions are difficult, they are necessary to ensure Sensis maintains its competitive position.” Continue…
- Victorian Govt cuts NICTA funding
- Is IBM retrenching 1,500 Aussie staff?
- Job losses hit iiNet after TransACT, Internode buys
- HP layoffs likely to hit Australia
- Data#3 flags job cuts: Read the internal email
- HP issues waffle statement on job cuts claim
- Ericsson’s Christmas cuts become a habit
- Telstra mulls 900 job cuts