Catch issues early, fix them fast – Free trial
[ad] With GFI Cloud you can easily manage and secure your remote workforce – wherever they are, from wherever you are! The simple IT management platform includes patch management, antivirus, web protection, monitoring and remote control. Get the benefit of endpoint protection with the ease of central management. Start a free trial now.
Great articles on other sites
- Sydney Opal card travel history can be accessed by police
- NBN analysis 'like foxes reviewing the hen house': Clare
- Call made to end inflight phone ban
- Australian government undoing profit shifting clamp down: Labor
- National security law reforms
- Victorian Government calls for contributions to shape Victoria’s digital economy
- Will IBM pip Azure at the Aussie cloud post?
- Competition watchdog should break up Foxtel monopoly: Ludlam
- Susan Sly gives up on the CIO game
- Vic Labor puts its support behind mobile police
Posts Tagged ‘job cuts’
News, Telecommunications - Thursday, February 20, 2014 13:24 - 3 Comments
news Telstra’s advertising and directories business Sensis has revealed plans to cut about 800 jobs Australia-wide, in a move that one of the telco’s main unions has immediately stated will “irreparably harm local economies and erode the nation’s skills base”.
The company had previously been reported to be considering cutting up to 400 jobs. However, in a statement released yesterday, Sensis said a proposal currently being considered would result in an overall reduction of approximately 800 roles nationally across Sensis’ advertising operations, sales, management and support areas.
Sensis Managing Director, John Allan, said becoming a more digitally-focused marketing services company was an important part of Sensis’ strategy and future as it met the challenge of increased competition from online and mobile search directories.
“These changes are designed to support our growing digital business, respond to competition and deliver improvements in the service we provide to our customers,” Allan said. “As a leader in digital marketing services and print directories serving Australian businesses, Sensis needs to remain responsive to the changing media landscape. While these decisions are difficult, they are necessary to ensure Sensis maintains its competitive position.” Continue…
- Victorian Govt cuts NICTA funding
- Is IBM retrenching 1,500 Aussie staff?
- Job losses hit iiNet after TransACT, Internode buys
- HP layoffs likely to hit Australia
- Data#3 flags job cuts: Read the internal email
- HP issues waffle statement on job cuts claim
- Ericsson’s Christmas cuts become a habit
- Telstra mulls 900 job cuts