Enjoy the freedom to innovate and grow your business
[ad] With Microsoft Azure you have hybrid cloud flexibility, allowing your platform to span your cloud and on premise data centre. Learn more at microsoftcloud.com.
IT Admin: No Time to Save Time?
[ad] Do you spend too much time patching machines or cleaning up after virus attacks? With automation controlled from a central IT management console accessible anytime, anywhere – you can save time for bigger tasks. Try simple IT management from GFI Cloud and start saving time today!
Free Forrester analysis of CRM solutions
[ad] In this 25 page report, independent analyst house Forrester evaluates 18 significant products in the customer relationship management space from a broad range of vendors, detailing its findings on how CRM suites measure up and plotting where they stand in relation to each other. Download it for free now.
Great articles on other sites
- Defence given $48m buffer for distributed computing
- Susan Sly quits AEMO
- David Gee departs Credit Union Australia
- Former Jetstar CIO picks up new gig
- Bitcoin goes retail with Westfield ATM
- Turnbull too quick to abandon faster, smarter broadband service
- NBN hypocrisy confirms contempt for process
- Turnbull walks away from NBN high ground claims
- Costs must be fixed first in piracy solution: Comms Alliance
- NAB deploys Chaos Monkey to kill servers 24/7
Reader giveaway: Google Nexus 5
We’re big fans of Google’s Nexus line-up in general at Delimiter towers. Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 … we love pretty much anything Nexus. Because of this we've kicked off a new competition to give away one of Google’s new Nexus 5 smartphones to a lucky reader. Click here to enter.
Posts Tagged ‘itnews’
Blog, Enterprise IT - Monday, April 14, 2014 13:46 - 3 Comments
blog Microsoft has been on a bit of a tear recently in Australia with its cloud-based Office 365 platform, signing up major customers such as the Queensland Government, Qantas, V8 Supercars and rental chain Mr Rental. And it’s not hard to see why, with the platform’s hybrid cloud/traditional deployment model giving customers substantial options. However, as iTNews reported last week, it hasn’t been all plain sailing for Redmond in this arena. The site reports (we recommend you click here for the full article):
“NSW shared service provider Businesslink’s journey to Microsoft 365 was supposed to be a guide for public sector peers to follow … Earlier this year the agency … cancelled its migration to the cloud email platform because it simply could not justify the up-front infrastructure investment required to get it off the ground.”
- More mainframe workloads moved to Oracle
- NT gives every police officer an iPad
- Is NBN Co’s FTTP ramp-up “pure fantasy”?
- Fascinating case study about open source cloud
- NSW Trade + Investment pinged SAP on ByDesign roadmap
- Reversal: Telstra no longer keen on Windows Live
- Um … what? No open tender for Qld’s cloud email
- Qld IT agencies downsize by 600 staff
- iPad minis replace Windows Mobile at Arnott’s
- WA Govt puts one foot in the cloud
- Bankwest in massive Windows 8 rollout
- Metronode launches NSW Govt datacentre
- Symantec dumps Aussie support staff
- NBN Co to beat June target, says iTNews
- Finally, a local Windows 8 tablet trial
- Vic Govt splurges on IT in budget
- Dream or nightmare? IT dept from scratch
- An update on our iTNews fact-checking effort
- Amazon wins more Aussie financial services work
- iTNews report “entirely untrue”, says NBN Co
- Help us fact-check iTNews’ NBN figures
- The NSW RTA’s iMacs lasted a full decade
- A great Aussie virtual desktop case study
- Australian commentary on Aaron Swartz
- Oracle chief Mark Hurd hits Australia
- Regulator forces ANZ off Salesforce.com
- CommBank CIO is major cloud fan
- A roundup of Australian Windows 8 trials
- NAB deploys Chatter … and Yammer?
- Specsavers deploys Google Apps, loves cloud
- Jetstar pushes into IT outsourcing, BYOD
- Two good Australian CIO interviews
- RTFM: How to keep CIOs under control
- Hudson reveals major virtual desktop rollout
- NBN Co withholds fibre extension costs
- Defence hasn’t tested IBM contract since 1999
- Defence may have Thales thin clients by 2015
- Amazon hiring Sydney datacentre manager
- Granularity enters APRA’s cloud computing stance
- Will Telstra wholesale its Next G network?
- Telstra shifts jobs to India
- CeBIT: Watch the videos
- Analysing cloud computing contracts: Video
- Health Dept rejects IBM review allegation
- G-Cloud, or G-String?
- Financial regulator issues dire cloud warning
- Oh dear: Conroy gets mashed up
- Conroy is right to question Google’s privacy record