Posts Tagged ‘ip’
Analysis, Digital Rights - Monday, November 18, 2013 12:46 - 1 Comment
analysis Australia wants to foster innovation in a digital economy, but our copyright laws discourage businesses from investing in new technologies and make it harder for individuals to access the knowledge upon which innovation is based. Yesterday’s US decision in the Google Books case shows why US copyright law is much more supportive of innovation than ours.
The long, drawn out litigation between the Authors Guild and Google has reached a conclusion: Google’s ambitious mass-digitisation project, to scan the world’s books and make them discoverable online, is “fair use”.
- Aaron’s Army fights the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- When the price is not right:
Technology price gouging in Australia
- Why Pirate Party members are not ‘whiny brats’
- Greens demand Australia cancel ACTA participation
- Groupon rails against Aussie ‘domain squatters’
- Wi-Fi patent has driven CSIRO money mad