Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre
[ad] Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Click here to visit our Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre with case studies, white papers and articles about Windows Server 2012.
Nokia Lumia Smartphones: Innovation's calling
[ad] Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone comes with unique camera technology, wireless charging and turn-by-turn navigation. Make every image picture perfect. See your city differently. Charge without wires. Click here to learn more.
Save up to $199 on Dell XPS 12 Ultrabooks: Power for your projects and passions.
[ad] This convertible Ultrabook™ delivers the speed and performance you expect from the XPS family in a sleek new design that's ready for work and play. Don't get two pieces of technology when one will do it all. The Dell XPS 12 is a tablet and Ultrabook combined to produce the perfect laptop.
Great articles on other sites
- Galaxy S 4 “Google Edition” to be available in Australia via MobiCity
- When does mission creep become censorship?
- First NBN fibre extension completed
- Proof the internet filter lives on by other means
- Budget 2013: Heavy on 'showcasing', light on strategy
- CGU to replace core insurance system
- Google Australia calls for mandatory comp sci until year 10
- Spectrum fail could help Libs fight Labor's regional NBN
- Offended By Fraudband? Maybe You Shouldn’t Have Said It First
- Brisbane Grammar School prepares for Lync
Managing virtualised environments: Free whitepaper
[ad] Virtualisation is one of the single most important technologies for efficiently operating servers. This free whitepaper presents information about current trends in virtualisation adoption, risks associated with single vendor virtualisation, and the benefits of open source virtualisation. Click here to download the whitepaper.
One More Thing - iOS App Maker Conference - 24th May
[ad] If you make iOS apps, come listen to the best in the industry share their tip & tricks for App Store success. Melbourne, 24th May, 2013 - use the coupon code "delimiter" for 5% off.
Posts Tagged ‘gordon rich-phillips’
Blog, Enterprise IT - Thursday, May 9, 2013 10:34 - 8 Comments
blog Those of you with your eyes on public sector IT spending will no doubt be hanging out for next week’s Federal Budget, where there are always a few multi-million-dollar gems laid out in terms of big-spending IT packages. However, it’s not always the Federal Government which splurges on major IT projects, as this week’s budget in Victoria showed. According to a statement issued by the state’s IT Minister Gordon Rich-Phillips, there’s at least $19 million in the budget for major IT initiatives, as Victoria pushes towards meeting the goals outlined in its recent whole of government IT strategy. Rich-Phillips tells us:
“The ICT Strategy provides high-level direction on the use of ICT to deliver better government services and improve ICT management in Victoria and is supported by 50 specific actions,” Mr Rich-Phillips said. “New funding will allow us to deliver on the key actions as set out in the ICT strategy and implement new initiatives to improve industry engagement and outcomes in ICT procurement, as well as improving management of ICT projects. Continue…
- Vic Govt kicks off telco purchasing initiative
- SAP generates 120 new Melbourne jobs
- As expected, Mailes to lead Vic Govt IT
- Vic Govt ICT strategy analysis: CenITex split,
cloud adoption on the cards
- Leave Google’s tax alone, Victoria tells Federal Govt
- IBM adds 150 new jobs in Ballarat
- SA Govt CIO to fix Victoria’s IT nightmare
- Telstra top hat fixing NBN failures, says Vic IT minister
- Victoria Govt launches $11m ICT fund