Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre
[ad] Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Click here to visit our Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre with case studies, white papers and articles about Windows Server 2012.
Nokia Lumia Smartphones: Innovation's calling
[ad] Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone comes with unique camera technology, wireless charging and turn-by-turn navigation. Make every image picture perfect. See your city differently. Charge without wires. Click here to learn more.
Save up to $199 on Dell XPS 12 Ultrabooks: Power for your projects and passions.
[ad] This convertible Ultrabook™ delivers the speed and performance you expect from the XPS family in a sleek new design that's ready for work and play. Don't get two pieces of technology when one will do it all. The Dell XPS 12 is a tablet and Ultrabook combined to produce the perfect laptop.
Great articles on other sites
- Proof the internet filter lives on by other means
- Budget 2013: Heavy on 'showcasing', light on strategy
- CGU to replace core insurance system
- Google Australia calls for mandatory comp sci until year 10
- Spectrum fail could help Libs fight Labor's regional NBN
- Offended By Fraudband? Maybe You Shouldn’t Have Said It First
- Brisbane Grammar School prepares for Lync
- Coalition wants ex-Telstra players for NBN board
- That NBN Speed Comparison Site Now Looks More Realistic
- GovHack to encourage agencies on open data
Managing virtualised environments: Free whitepaper
[ad] Virtualisation is one of the single most important technologies for efficiently operating servers. This free whitepaper presents information about current trends in virtualisation adoption, risks associated with single vendor virtualisation, and the benefits of open source virtualisation. Click here to download the whitepaper.
One More Thing - iOS App Maker Conference - 24th May
[ad] If you make iOS apps, come listen to the best in the industry share their tip & tricks for App Store success. Melbourne, 24th May, 2013 - use the coupon code "delimiter" for 5% off.
Posts Tagged ‘finance’
Enterprise IT, Featured, News - Monday, November 26, 2012 16:30 - 8 Comments
news Oracle has revealed that it signed a wide-ranging $63 million contract with the Federal Department of Defence earlier this year that will see the US technology giant supply virtually all of its major product lines, ranging from its popular PeopleSoft, Database and Fusion products to its Exadata hardware and even its Exalogic Elastic Cloud technology.
In a statement released late last week, Oracle noted that the four year deal would assist Defence in rationalising and upgrading its ICT infrastructure, at a cost of $63 million. As part of the package, Oracle will supply its PeopleSoft, Database 11g, Fusion Middleware, Identity Management, Weblogic, Service Oriented Architecture, Business Process Management, GoldenGate, Policy Automation, WebCenter Portal, Business Intelligence, Enterprise Manager and its Exadata Database Machine and Exalogic Elastic Cloud products. It is very common for large enterprises to purchase more than one Oracle product or solution as part of their engagement with the supplier, but the breadth of products the Department of Defence is procuring from Oracle is unusual for Australian organisations; reflecting the size of Defence’s IT operation and stature as one of Australia’s largest consumers of corporate IT solutions.
- Whole of Govt CIO Steward retires
- Fed Govt releases motherhood ICT strategy
- Minister worried about AGIMO’s ability to deliver
- Coalition missteps on NBN budget savings
- Australia prefers Govt contact via the Internet
- iPhone, BlackBerry, Android: A parliamentary headache
- Sage wants to buy MYOB
- SA Coalition slams shared services “disaster”
- AGIMO strategy disappoints Gartner analyst