Great articles on other sites
- Sydney Opal card travel history can be accessed by police
- NBN analysis 'like foxes reviewing the hen house': Clare
- Call made to end inflight phone ban
- Australian government undoing profit shifting clamp down: Labor
- National security law reforms
- Victorian Government calls for contributions to shape Victoria’s digital economy
- Will IBM pip Azure at the Aussie cloud post?
- Competition watchdog should break up Foxtel monopoly: Ludlam
- Susan Sly gives up on the CIO game
- Vic Labor puts its support behind mobile police
Posts Tagged ‘elastic compute cloud’
Enterprise IT, Featured, News - Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:35 - 19 Comments
news After six months of rumours and the launch of several ancillary services down under, US cloud computing giant Amazon Web Services has finally announced the availability of locally-hosted cloud computing services from an Australian datacentre; with prices comparable to those seen overseas.
In a post on its corporate blog overnight, Amazon Web Services said it was time to expand its footprint again, with “a new region in Sydney, Australia”. “AWS customers in Australia can now enjoy fast, low-latency access to the suite of AWS infrastructure services,” the company wrote.