IT Admin: No Time to Save Time?
[ad] Do you spend too much time patching machines or cleaning up after virus attacks? With automation controlled from a central IT management console accessible anytime, anywhere – you can save time for bigger tasks. Try simple IT management from GFI Cloud and start saving time today!
Free Forrester analysis of CRM solutions
[ad] In this 25 page report, independent analyst house Forrester evaluates 18 significant products in the customer relationship management space from a broad range of vendors, detailing its findings on how CRM suites measure up and plotting where they stand in relation to each other. Download it for free now.
Great articles on other sites
- Music Rights Australia backs Brandis' copyright crackdown
- NSW prepares revised guide to data offshoring
- Government to crowdsource broadband speed, quality data
- What a croc: NT Police data retention proposal 'overreach'
- NBN set to sign $35m deal to boost regional broadband
- Equinix boss departs to join Avaya
- MelbourneIT stores domain passwords in cleartext
- eGov AU: Are you prepared for Australia's new privacy law?
- NBN Co plans retaliation for TPG fibre project
- KPMG’s Alder and AIMIA’s Butterworth form digital agency
Posts Tagged ‘e-voting’
Analysis, Enterprise IT, Internet - Tuesday, November 5, 2013 9:40 - 21 Comments
analysis The Australian Electoral Commission’s (AEC) loss of 1,375 ballot papers for the West Australian Senate count was an unfortunate failure from an agency that already faced growing public pressure to do away with paper and pencil voting.
Even before the ballots disappeared, newly minted MP Clive Palmer was loudly calling for the introduction of US-style electronic voting machines. Meanwhile, an experiment with internet voting for people with disabilities in New South Wales in 2011 caused many to question why we all can’t vote from home.
But before we pulp the paper ballots, it’s worth considering what — if anything — is actually wrong with the system as it stands, as well as what the pros and cons of the alternatives may be.