Catch issues early, fix them fast – Free trial
[ad] With GFI Cloud you can easily manage and secure your remote workforce – wherever they are, from wherever you are! The simple IT management platform includes patch management, antivirus, web protection, monitoring and remote control. Get the benefit of endpoint protection with the ease of central management. Start a free trial now.
Great articles on other sites
- Sydney Opal card travel history can be accessed by police
- NBN analysis 'like foxes reviewing the hen house': Clare
- Call made to end inflight phone ban
- Australian government undoing profit shifting clamp down: Labor
- National security law reforms
- Victorian Government calls for contributions to shape Victoria’s digital economy
- Will IBM pip Azure at the Aussie cloud post?
- Competition watchdog should break up Foxtel monopoly: Ludlam
- Susan Sly gives up on the CIO game
- Vic Labor puts its support behind mobile police
Posts Tagged ‘desktop pcs’
Blog, Enterprise IT - Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:55 - 1 Comment
blog Yesterday at a financial results briefing session, the Commonwealth Bank opened up for the first time regarding the nationwide outage it suffered several weeks ago which took down around 9,000 of its desktop PCs, hundreds of servers and even its CommSee customer management system. iTNews reports (we recommend you click here for the full article) the bank’s chief executive Ian Narev as stating the problem wasn’t actually that big of a deal:
“At the moment, we’re still working through exactly what the implications of what happened were, but we’ve got no immediate need to change our IT strategy … In terms of cost [to the bank], it’s minimal,” Narev said.