[ad] The service leader for Cloud is now in Australia. Secure, reliable cloud and managed hosting all backed by 24x7x365 Fanatical Support. Create your free account now.
Buy an Seagate Business Storage NAS for your chance to win a holiday
[ad] Purchase a selected Seagate Business Storage NAS to receive a $20 cash-back AND go into the draw to win a $1,000 Flight Centre voucher so you can holiday in the destination of your choice. T&Cs apply.
Great articles on other sites
- IBM accuses Qld govt of trying to ‘rewrite history’
- Newlease undergoes reverse takeover to score ASX listing
- Australia Post loses battle | The Australian
- Start-ups leap at Telstra's accelerator
- Labor won't hand over NBN advice to Turnbull
- Adelaide Uni on hiring blitz for tech transformation
- Human Services to cut 56 IT jobs
- Turnbull to release NBN review next week
- Canberra blitzes states with NBN take-up rates
- War on whistleblowers from Abbott, Turnbull as ICJ case arrives
How mobile and social media affect your Customer Experience strategy
[ad] How will the adoption of mobile devices and social media affect your Customer Experience strategy? Are you reaching your organisation's customers through these touch points? Click here to download a whitepaper by Fifth Quadrant examining consumer and business attitudes to these new contact channels.
50 things top IT pros need to know
[ad] This 18 page TechRepublic whitepaper explores 10 things you should know to become an epic IT manager, 40 other essential tips to advance your IT career and practical guidance for starting an IT consulting business. Click here to access the whitepaper.
Posts Tagged ‘david thodey’
News, Telecommunications - Monday, September 9, 2013 12:30 - 37 Comments
news Telstra chief executive David Thodey has congratulated the Coalition on its Federal Election weekend over the weekend and noted that the telco wanted to finalise negotiations over planned changes to its agreements with NBN Co “quickly” with a view to minimising “uncertainty”.
Labor’s previous National Broadband Network policy had seen the Government and NBN Co sign an $11 billion deal with Telstra through which Telstra agreed to migrate its customers onto the NBN infrastructure as it was rolled out, as well as giving NBN Co access to Telstra’s ducting, pits and pipes infrastructure, with a view to deploying its own fibre cables.
However, the Coalition’s revised policy will see NBN Co focus on a more limited fibre to the node rollout, which will see parts of Telstra’s existing copper network reused instead of shut down, and its HFC cable network maintained and possibly opened to wholesale competition, instead of the telco halting the provision of broadband services over the network.
Shadow Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull, who is expected to take over the portfolio for the Coalition, has stated that he believes Telstra would give a Coalition Federal Government its copper network for nothing under its existing contract with NBN Co, casting skepticism on critics of the plan who believe the telco could charge billions for the infrastructure. Continue…
- “No additional payment”: Turnbull believes Telstra will give Govt copper
- Copper good for 100 years, says Thodey
- Asbestos: Let’s just fix it
- Telstra won’t renegotiate $11bn NBN fee
- Sensis to chop 50 percent of staff?
- Telstra sets up nebulous software dev unit
- Telstra, Accenture, to deliver SAP cloud
- Fatality: Optus plans to kill Telstra’s 4G monopoly
- Telstra seals $11 billion NBN deal
- Telstra NBN prices aren’t final: Conroy
- ACCC accepts Telstra separation undertaking
- Paul Fegan leaves Telstra
- AXA Group CEO appointed Telstra CFO
- Telstra files revised Structural Separation Undertaking
- Telstra shareholders approve NBN deal
- Steve Jobs: Australia says goodbye, and thank you
- Reality check: Telstra 4G not aimed at the NBN
- Telstra’s 4G network goes live
- Telstra again threatens to cancel NBN deal
- Deconstructing Australia’s wireless/NBN fetish
- Telstra may release NBN pricing shortly
- Wireless NBN clause could harm competition: ACCC
- Will Telstra give iiNet one 4G ring to rule Optus?
- The many gestures of David Thodey
- Win govt, telcos tell Turnbull: Then we’ll talk
- Telstra cutting top execs’ pay levels
- Telstra adding customers in every area but PSTN
- August 29 launch for Telstra’s first 4G modem
- The definition of irony …
- Telstra lodges separation plan with ACCC
- Telstra shifts jobs to India
- Telstra restructures … yet again
- Gillard is ripping up Labor’s NBN credibility
- Full video: Telstra’s NBN deal press conference
- Will Telstra’s LTE hit price parity with the NBN?
- Handy motivational poster for Telstra execs
- Wireless clause? Not an issue, says Thodey
- Telstra breaks down its NBN decision
- IT’S DONE: Telstra inks $11bn NBN deal
- Can David Thodey escape his Big Blue shadow?
- $800m gorilla: Telstra seeds its cloud
- Will NBN Co sign its Telstra deal this week?
- Video: Top Telstra execs work call centre shift
- Leaders needed: Thodey wants united telco front
- Telstra delays NBN vote
- O’Sullivan and Dews: Leaders in exile
- 4G: How Telstra will ROFLstomp Optus, VHA
- Watch David Thodey explain Telstra’s 4G
- 4G IS HERE: Telstra’s 2011 rollout
- 400,000 iPhones: Telstra’s Apple lovefest
- Caption contest: What is David Thodey doing?
- Progress? Telstra agrees NBN “commercial terms”
- Thodey to deliver Mobile World Congress keynote
- After 43 years, Telstra loses COO Rocca
- “It’s a shocker”: Telstra board faces shareholders
- Telstra follows Dell with internal IdeaStorm
- Middle manager bloodbath as Telstra cuts 950
- Telstra bill hits parliament, supported by … Telstra
- Google-friendly Telstra CEO pans Apple’s “walled garden”
- Telstra: No preference on NBN opt-out
- Oh dear: David Thodey finds out about the iPad
- Telstra’s biggest rivals: Google, Apple, Facebook?
- Thodey’s hip pocket worse off as CEO
- Call me, Thodey tells Simon Hackett
- Telstra’s next revolution: “Project New”
- Telstra “fightback” grows broadband share
- Telstra offers free NBN trial in Tasmania
- 1Gbps demand years away, says Thodey
- Telstra continues financial stagnation
- Telstra cutting dead management wood
- Telstra to bring Foxtel to T-Box
- Conroy releases 126MHz digital dividend spectrum
- Unions, iiNet welcome Telstra deal
- Telstra’s David Thodey on NBN deal: Audio Q&A
- Telstra has finally sealed its own doom
- Is Optus 3G almost as good as Telstra?
- Telstra adds weekend option to home visits
- Power plays: Vendors court Thodey
- Telstra’s David Thodey is on top of the world
- Video: Telstra’s Thodey on One Laptop Per Child
- Telstra strike to hit Melbourne today
- April Fools’: Telstra appoints new BigPond chief
- Tense Telstra times
- Telstra confirms: Justin Milne has quit
- BigPond chief Justin Milne quits: Report
- ‘Financial gap’ opens up in Telstra NBN talks
- Oh dear: Optus didn’t learn from Telstra’s mistake
- Telstra worried about NBN Co retail option
- Will nice guy Thodey finish last?
- Google takes Telstra call on US broadband
- Quigley fronts speaking circuit; Thodey abstains