Enjoy the freedom to innovate and grow your business
[ad] With Microsoft Azure you have hybrid cloud flexibility, allowing your platform to span your cloud and on premise data centre. Learn more at microsoftcloud.com.
IT Admin: No Time to Save Time?
[ad] Do you spend too much time patching machines or cleaning up after virus attacks? With automation controlled from a central IT management console accessible anytime, anywhere – you can save time for bigger tasks. Try simple IT management from GFI Cloud and start saving time today!
Free Forrester analysis of CRM solutions
[ad] In this 25 page report, independent analyst house Forrester evaluates 18 significant products in the customer relationship management space from a broad range of vendors, detailing its findings on how CRM suites measure up and plotting where they stand in relation to each other. Download it for free now.
Great articles on other sites
- Susan Sly quits AEMO
- David Gee departs Credit Union Australia
- Former Jetstar CIO picks up new gig
- Bitcoin goes retail with Westfield ATM
- Turnbull too quick to abandon faster, smarter broadband service
- NBN hypocrisy confirms contempt for process
- Turnbull walks away from NBN high ground claims
- Costs must be fixed first in piracy solution: Comms Alliance
- NAB deploys Chaos Monkey to kill servers 24/7
- History won't judge Turnbull's governance-free NBN kindly
Reader giveaway: Google Nexus 5
We’re big fans of Google’s Nexus line-up in general at Delimiter towers. Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 … we love pretty much anything Nexus. Because of this we've kicked off a new competition to give away one of Google’s new Nexus 5 smartphones to a lucky reader. Click here to enter.
Posts Tagged ‘david thodey’
Blog, Telecommunications - Tuesday, March 4, 2014 13:31 - 11 Comments
blog Whether or not you believe that it’s an issue in terms of the companies’ ability to compete effectively with multinationals, it has always been true that Australians in general have always been a little leery of letting foreign investors too close to our national icons — our banks, our airports, our major shipping concerns, and of course Qantas and Telstra. The Foreign Investment Review Board has always maintained a close watch on these sensitive areas, with a view to making sure the national sovereignty is not weakened too far. However, in the wake of the news that the Federal Government will try to weaken some areas of Qantas’ foreign ownership rules in an effort to provide the airline with a more level playing field with Virgin, Telstra chief executive David Thodey has called for the same debate to be held with respect to Telstra. ZDNet was at a lunch with Thodey in this week and tells us (we recommend you click here for the full article):
“… he said that in a similar vein to Australian airline Qantas’ recent lobbying to the Commonwealth Government to lift the cap on its foreign ownership, the foreign ownership rule on Telstra should be reviewed. ‘Over time, as the nation moves to NBN… I think it should be reviewed.’”
- Telstra and NBN Co haven’t started talks yet
- Could Telstra buy Telecom NZ?
- Telstra cloud console goes offline for two days
- Telstra wants “quick” NBN negotiations
- “No additional payment”: Turnbull believes Telstra will give Govt copper
- Copper good for 100 years, says Thodey
- Asbestos: Let’s just fix it
- Telstra won’t renegotiate $11bn NBN fee
- Sensis to chop 50 percent of staff?
- Telstra sets up nebulous software dev unit
- Telstra, Accenture, to deliver SAP cloud
- Fatality: Optus plans to kill Telstra’s 4G monopoly
- Telstra seals $11 billion NBN deal
- Telstra NBN prices aren’t final: Conroy
- ACCC accepts Telstra separation undertaking
- Paul Fegan leaves Telstra
- AXA Group CEO appointed Telstra CFO
- Telstra files revised Structural Separation Undertaking
- Telstra shareholders approve NBN deal
- Steve Jobs: Australia says goodbye, and thank you
- Reality check: Telstra 4G not aimed at the NBN
- Telstra’s 4G network goes live
- Telstra again threatens to cancel NBN deal
- Deconstructing Australia’s wireless/NBN fetish
- Telstra may release NBN pricing shortly
- Wireless NBN clause could harm competition: ACCC
- Will Telstra give iiNet one 4G ring to rule Optus?
- The many gestures of David Thodey
- Win govt, telcos tell Turnbull: Then we’ll talk
- Telstra cutting top execs’ pay levels
- Telstra adding customers in every area but PSTN
- August 29 launch for Telstra’s first 4G modem
- The definition of irony …
- Telstra lodges separation plan with ACCC
- Telstra shifts jobs to India
- Telstra restructures … yet again
- Gillard is ripping up Labor’s NBN credibility
- Full video: Telstra’s NBN deal press conference
- Will Telstra’s LTE hit price parity with the NBN?
- Handy motivational poster for Telstra execs
- Wireless clause? Not an issue, says Thodey
- Telstra breaks down its NBN decision
- IT’S DONE: Telstra inks $11bn NBN deal
- Can David Thodey escape his Big Blue shadow?
- $800m gorilla: Telstra seeds its cloud
- Will NBN Co sign its Telstra deal this week?
- Video: Top Telstra execs work call centre shift
- Leaders needed: Thodey wants united telco front
- Telstra delays NBN vote
- O’Sullivan and Dews: Leaders in exile
- 4G: How Telstra will ROFLstomp Optus, VHA
- Watch David Thodey explain Telstra’s 4G
- 4G IS HERE: Telstra’s 2011 rollout
- 400,000 iPhones: Telstra’s Apple lovefest
- Caption contest: What is David Thodey doing?
- Progress? Telstra agrees NBN “commercial terms”
- Thodey to deliver Mobile World Congress keynote
- After 43 years, Telstra loses COO Rocca
- “It’s a shocker”: Telstra board faces shareholders
- Telstra follows Dell with internal IdeaStorm
- Middle manager bloodbath as Telstra cuts 950
- Telstra bill hits parliament, supported by … Telstra
- Google-friendly Telstra CEO pans Apple’s “walled garden”
- Telstra: No preference on NBN opt-out
- Oh dear: David Thodey finds out about the iPad
- Telstra’s biggest rivals: Google, Apple, Facebook?
- Thodey’s hip pocket worse off as CEO
- Call me, Thodey tells Simon Hackett
- Telstra’s next revolution: “Project New”
- Telstra “fightback” grows broadband share
- Telstra offers free NBN trial in Tasmania
- 1Gbps demand years away, says Thodey
- Telstra continues financial stagnation
- Telstra cutting dead management wood
- Telstra to bring Foxtel to T-Box
- Conroy releases 126MHz digital dividend spectrum
- Unions, iiNet welcome Telstra deal
- Telstra’s David Thodey on NBN deal: Audio Q&A
- Telstra has finally sealed its own doom
- Is Optus 3G almost as good as Telstra?
- Telstra adds weekend option to home visits
- Power plays: Vendors court Thodey
- Telstra’s David Thodey is on top of the world
- Video: Telstra’s Thodey on One Laptop Per Child
- Telstra strike to hit Melbourne today
- April Fools’: Telstra appoints new BigPond chief
- Tense Telstra times
- Telstra confirms: Justin Milne has quit
- BigPond chief Justin Milne quits: Report
- ‘Financial gap’ opens up in Telstra NBN talks
- Oh dear: Optus didn’t learn from Telstra’s mistake
- Telstra worried about NBN Co retail option
- Will nice guy Thodey finish last?
- Google takes Telstra call on US broadband
- Quigley fronts speaking circuit; Thodey abstains