Meet the New Microsoft: Free Event
[ad] The world in which we work and play has changed beyond recognition. And we’ve changed too. It’s time to be re-acquainted. Meet the New Microsoft is a free series of half-day events in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. It's your chance to explore the business opportunities of our times — new services and devices that will help you meet your business goals and invent some new ones.
Nokia Lumia Smartphones: Innovation's calling
[ad] Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone comes with unique camera technology, wireless charging and turn-by-turn navigation. Make every image picture perfect. See your city differently. Charge without wires. Click here to learn more.
Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre
[ad] Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Click here to visit our Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre with case studies, white papers and articles about Windows Server 2012.
Great articles on other sites
- Proof the internet filter lives on by other means
- Budget 2013: Heavy on 'showcasing', light on strategy
- CGU to replace core insurance system
- Google Australia calls for mandatory comp sci until year 10
- Spectrum fail could help Libs fight Labor's regional NBN
- Offended By Fraudband? Maybe You Shouldn’t Have Said It First
- Brisbane Grammar School prepares for Lync
- Coalition wants ex-Telstra players for NBN board
- That NBN Speed Comparison Site Now Looks More Realistic
- GovHack to encourage agencies on open data
Managing virtualised environments: Free whitepaper
[ad] Virtualisation is one of the single most important technologies for efficiently operating servers. This free whitepaper presents information about current trends in virtualisation adoption, risks associated with single vendor virtualisation, and the benefits of open source virtualisation. Click here to download the whitepaper.
Save up to $199 on Dell XPS 12 Ultrabooks: Power for your projects and passions.
[ad] This convertible Ultrabook™ delivers the speed and performance you expect from the XPS family in a sleek new design that's ready for work and play. Don't get two pieces of technology when one will do it all. The Dell XPS 12 is a tablet and Ultrabook combined to produce the perfect laptop.
One More Thing - iOS App Maker Conference - 24th May
[ad] If you make iOS apps, come listen to the best in the industry share their tip & tricks for App Store success. Melbourne, 24th May, 2013 - use the coupon code "delimiter" for 5% off.
Posts Tagged ‘csiro’
Blog, Intellectual Property - Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:47 - 4 Comments
blog In what we’d have to say was one of the more curious funding decisions of the year, it appears as though Australia’s peak research agency the CSIRO has decided that the division which made it the most money over the past few years — the one which which made hundreds of millions of dollars suing many major global technology vendors over its patented wireless innovations — has too much fat and should be trimmed down to keep costs low. The Community and Public Sector Union, which has a strong presence at the CSIRO, issued this media release yesterday:
- ANU buys hemisphere’s biggest supercomputer
- CSIRO still running Windows 98, NT
- XENON to upgrade CSIRO supercomputer cluster
- Is the CSIRO a patent troll? US debate turns feral
- Patently Australian: CSIRO settles suits over Wi-Fi
- Funnelback renews Govt search deal
- The Australian private cloud: Who’s using it, and how?
- The Australian private cloud: How do you define it?
- Wi-Fi patent has driven CSIRO money mad