Great articles on other sites
- Sydney Opal card travel history can be accessed by police
- NBN analysis 'like foxes reviewing the hen house': Clare
- Call made to end inflight phone ban
- Australian government undoing profit shifting clamp down: Labor
- National security law reforms
- Victorian Government calls for contributions to shape Victoria’s digital economy
- Will IBM pip Azure at the Aussie cloud post?
- Competition watchdog should break up Foxtel monopoly: Ludlam
- Susan Sly gives up on the CIO game
- Vic Labor puts its support behind mobile police
Posts Tagged ‘commonwealth bank’
Enterprise IT, Featured, News - Monday, June 16, 2014 10:43 - 0 Comments
news The Commonwealth Bank of Australia has promoted an internal executive who joined the bank in September after a lengthy career at petroleum giant VP and IT services group Accenture to replace its outgoing chief information officer Michael Harte, who announced in early May that he would leave the bank.
CommBank chief executive Ian Narev made the announcement in a statement to the Australian Stock Exchange today, naming David Whiteing (see his LinkedIn profile here) as the new group executive of Enterprise Services and chief information officer at the bank.
Whiteing joined the bank as executive general manager of Architecture and Planning in September 2013. He was previously a senior advisor to consulting firm McKinsey in Sydney. Prior to that he held a role as vice president of Enterprise Systems at BP for four and a half years until January 2013. And previously to that role he was a senior executive and partner at Accenture, leading the group’s SAP practice in the UK and Ireland.
The executive’s LinkedIn profile states that he holds a Bachelor of Business Science (Finance and Economics) from the University of Cape Town. He has a working knowledge of both Italian and Afrikaans and lists his interests as cycling, golf, tennis, wine, travel, technology and skiing.
In his statement, Narev said the appointment of Whiteing continues the bank’s track record of promoting internal candidates to executive roles. “David is a highly experienced business and IT executive with a track record of delivering technology and process transformation in many industries, including financial services, both in Australia and overseas,” Narev said. Continue…
- CommBank’s deep innovation is redefining our notion of what a bank is
- St George trials Apple iBeacon in branches
- End of an era: CIO Harte leaves CommBank
- CommBank CIO rich enough to buy own island
- CommBank’s Kaching app:
A perfect IT/business alignment case study
- Carnegie unveils $120m ‘digital’ fund
- NAB sets 2016 target for final core migration
- How to understand NAB’s core banking strategy
- CommBank standardises in-house fleet on iPhone
- NAB shifts UBank onto new core IT platform
- Turnbull in conflict of interest investment
- National IT outage “minimal”, claims CommBank
- HP CEO Whitman lands in Australia
- Disastrous patch cripples CommBank
- CommBank unveils Square payments rival
- Has Fortescue dumped BlackBerry for Nokia?
- Two years on, Virgin happy with Exadata
- The Suncorp pitch: Core banking overhaul matters
- At least two web browsers for every
Australian desktop: It should be mandatory
- Pollenizer-backed Pygg banks $600k
- SAP loses Aussie MD Ebbeck
- CommBank’s Kaching hits iOS App Store
- Does Australia need a cloud computing visionary?
- ‘Kaching’: New CBA mobile, social, NFC payments app
- ATO in huge Windows 7 rollout
- ANZ CIO on the banking IT revolution
- CommBank CIO reveals troubled youth
- NBN? It’s too expensive, say BHP, CBA execs
- CBA’s dated IT systems forced its hand, says ANZ
- CommBank CIO praises “rich” Mac interface
- Shifting sands as RSA disaster confuses Australia
- ANZ flags murky “20-year” technology plan
- Banks fear cloud vendor lock-in
- CBA’s happy Harte: ‘We’re years ahead’
- CommBank unveils Android app
- Financial regulator issues dire cloud warning
- Core banking overhaul is a false dichotomy
- The Australian private cloud: How do you define it?
- Desktop dictatorship: Corporate Australia still prefers IE
- Why Michael Harte is worth $4.2 million
- CommBank IT spend blows out past $1 billion
- McAfee is calm, collected … and doomed
- CommBank CIO attempts to break vendor choke
- Oh dear: CommBank CIO’s divided heart
- McAfee clients: do you have the guts?
- Pearl Consortium wins NSW Tcard contract
- Bankwest staffer gets CIO promotion
- New ANZ CIO settles in
- Suncorp weighs core banking options
- Westpac revamps broking platform