Enjoy the freedom to innovate and grow your business
[ad] With Microsoft Azure you have hybrid cloud flexibility, allowing your platform to span your cloud and on premise data centre. Learn more at microsoftcloud.com.
IT Admin: No Time to Save Time?
[ad] Do you spend too much time patching machines or cleaning up after virus attacks? With automation controlled from a central IT management console accessible anytime, anywhere – you can save time for bigger tasks. Try simple IT management from GFI Cloud and start saving time today!
Free Forrester analysis of CRM solutions
[ad] In this 25 page report, independent analyst house Forrester evaluates 18 significant products in the customer relationship management space from a broad range of vendors, detailing its findings on how CRM suites measure up and plotting where they stand in relation to each other. Download it for free now.
Great articles on other sites
- Susan Sly quits AEMO
- David Gee departs Credit Union Australia
- Former Jetstar CIO picks up new gig
- Bitcoin goes retail with Westfield ATM
- Turnbull too quick to abandon faster, smarter broadband service
- NBN hypocrisy confirms contempt for process
- Turnbull walks away from NBN high ground claims
- Costs must be fixed first in piracy solution: Comms Alliance
- NAB deploys Chaos Monkey to kill servers 24/7
- History won't judge Turnbull's governance-free NBN kindly
Reader giveaway: Google Nexus 5
We’re big fans of Google’s Nexus line-up in general at Delimiter towers. Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 … we love pretty much anything Nexus. Because of this we've kicked off a new competition to give away one of Google’s new Nexus 5 smartphones to a lucky reader. Click here to enter.
Posts Tagged ‘commonwealth bank’
Blog, Enterprise IT, Featured - Tuesday, November 26, 2013 14:45 - 4 Comments
blog Just how rich is Commonwealth Bank chief information officer Michael Harte? Rich enough to buy his own mediterranean island, according to Ninemsn, which today detailed the executive’s attempt to buy the island of Budelli off the coast of Italy. Sadly, things haven’t all gone well Harte, after the locals objected. The site reports (we recommend you click here for the full article):
“An Italian politician has collected 85,000 signatures protesting the sale of the tiny island of Budelli, famous for its sandy pink beaches, to the CBA’s chief information officer Michael Harte for €2.94 million ($4.34 million).”
Guess that’s what often happens when foreign interests swoop in to pick up pristine pieces of the local environment. Well, we’re sure Harte will find other targets to spend his legitimately gotten gains on. Perhaps he could take a stab at buying a stake of Queensland’s Double Island off Sean Howard, the founder of OzEmail, who picked up the piece of tranquility for a mere $4.5 million in 2000. Or there’s always superyachts and holiday mansions in the South of France. Not bad pickings for an executive who kicked off his career at New Zealand’s Massey University by reportedly specialising in “partying and playing rugby”. Of course, as we’ve previously argued, Harte is worth every cent. Continue…
- CommBank’s Kaching app:
A perfect IT/business alignment case study
- Carnegie unveils $120m ‘digital’ fund
- NAB sets 2016 target for final core migration
- How to understand NAB’s core banking strategy
- CommBank standardises in-house fleet on iPhone
- NAB shifts UBank onto new core IT platform
- Turnbull in conflict of interest investment
- National IT outage “minimal”, claims CommBank
- HP CEO Whitman lands in Australia
- Disastrous patch cripples CommBank
- CommBank unveils Square payments rival
- Has Fortescue dumped BlackBerry for Nokia?
- Two years on, Virgin happy with Exadata
- The Suncorp pitch: Core banking overhaul matters
- At least two web browsers for every
Australian desktop: It should be mandatory
- Pollenizer-backed Pygg banks $600k
- SAP loses Aussie MD Ebbeck
- CommBank’s Kaching hits iOS App Store
- Does Australia need a cloud computing visionary?
- ‘Kaching’: New CBA mobile, social, NFC payments app
- ATO in huge Windows 7 rollout
- ANZ CIO on the banking IT revolution
- CommBank CIO reveals troubled youth
- NBN? It’s too expensive, say BHP, CBA execs
- CBA’s dated IT systems forced its hand, says ANZ
- CommBank CIO praises “rich” Mac interface
- Shifting sands as RSA disaster confuses Australia
- ANZ flags murky “20-year” technology plan
- Banks fear cloud vendor lock-in
- CBA’s happy Harte: ‘We’re years ahead’
- CommBank unveils Android app
- Financial regulator issues dire cloud warning
- Core banking overhaul is a false dichotomy
- The Australian private cloud: How do you define it?
- Desktop dictatorship: Corporate Australia still prefers IE
- Why Michael Harte is worth $4.2 million
- CommBank IT spend blows out past $1 billion
- McAfee is calm, collected … and doomed
- CommBank CIO attempts to break vendor choke
- Oh dear: CommBank CIO’s divided heart
- McAfee clients: do you have the guts?
- Pearl Consortium wins NSW Tcard contract
- Bankwest staffer gets CIO promotion
- New ANZ CIO settles in
- Suncorp weighs core banking options
- Westpac revamps broking platform