Posts Tagged ‘comment’
Opinion, Telecommunications - Tuesday, February 12, 2013 13:14 - 60 Comments
opinion Those panic merchants jumping up and down screaming blue murder over Telstra’s P2P shaping trial need to take a chill pill and go sit in the naughty corner until their blood pressure sinks a few points. The reality is that the trial isn’t a big deal and it’s certainly nothing out of the ordinary in the context of the Australian and international telecommunications sector.
Over the past week I’ve watched, absolutely dumbfounded, as Australia’s technical community has tied itself in incredibly angry knots over a small trial of peer to peer shaping technology and a few other network management techniques which Telstra is planning to conduct with the assistance of a small clutch of its customers in Victoria.
- Inside Washington’s high risk mission to beat web censors
- Think The Pirate Bay will put its servers on drones? Dream on
- Slow broadband will freeze UK out of next industrial revolution
- Is Journey a game or a piece of interactive art?
- Censorship is inseparable from surveillance
- Tech giants have power to be political masters as well as our web ones
- Act on Acta now if you care about democracy and free speech
- Facebook’s quietly confident IPO
- The self-epublishing bubble
- Apple urged to spread its cash around
- Bill Gates backs away from NBN debate