[ad] The service leader for Cloud is now in Australia. Secure, reliable cloud and managed hosting all backed by 24x7x365 Fanatical Support. Create your free account now.
Buy an Seagate Business Storage NAS for your chance to win a holiday
[ad] Purchase a selected Seagate Business Storage NAS to receive a $20 cash-back AND go into the draw to win a $1,000 Flight Centre voucher so you can holiday in the destination of your choice. T&Cs apply.
Great articles on other sites
- NBN Co strategic review to be released tomorrow
- Xbox One smashes sales records
- Tech leaders call for speed, ubiquity in NBN rollout
- AIIA urges Hockey to tackle taxes
- IBM accuses Qld govt of trying to ‘rewrite history’
- Newlease undergoes reverse takeover to score ASX listing
- Australia Post loses battle | The Australian
- Start-ups leap at Telstra's accelerator
- Labor won't hand over NBN advice to Turnbull
- Adelaide Uni on hiring blitz for tech transformation
How mobile and social media affect your Customer Experience strategy
[ad] How will the adoption of mobile devices and social media affect your Customer Experience strategy? Are you reaching your organisation's customers through these touch points? Click here to download a whitepaper by Fifth Quadrant examining consumer and business attitudes to these new contact channels.
50 things top IT pros need to know
[ad] This 18 page TechRepublic whitepaper explores 10 things you should know to become an epic IT manager, 40 other essential tips to advance your IT career and practical guidance for starting an IT consulting business. Click here to access the whitepaper.
Posts Tagged ‘chief technology officer’
Enterprise IT, News - Monday, November 18, 2013 16:03 - 0 Comments
news Publishing giant News Corp Australia has appointed internal candidate Tom Quinn as its new chief technology officer, following the retirement of long-serving chief information officer John Pittard this month.
As the Australian division of global publishing powerhouse News Corp, News Corp Australia is one of Australia’s largest publishing companies, operating an extensive stable of newspapers, magazines and websites and with interests in other media ventures. The company is a major employer, especially of journalists, and claims to reach over 14.4 million Australians with its content.
Pittard joined News Limited in mid-2003 after serving as the chief information officer for Telstra’s Retail division, then as managing director for Telstra’s hosting and Internet business. He is one of the most experienced technology executives in Australia, having racked up over three decades of experience working in technology circles locally. Continue…
- Govt CTO Sheridan on open source, cloud
- Customs appoints new CIO, CTO
- Why CIOs should be cloud brokers, not blockers
- Pia Waugh takes control of data.gov.au
- Govt CTO explains new role; with Lego
- Attanasio quits Customs as CIO role abolished
- Customs restructures IT with CTO
- Where’s My Jetpack?
An awesomely epic rant by Australia’s new CTO
- iiNet ramps up Internode digestion
- FTTN a huge “mistake”, says ex-BT CTO
- Aussie wife helps draw Ericsson CTO down under