Catch issues early, fix them fast – Free trial
[ad] With GFI Cloud you can easily manage and secure your remote workforce – wherever they are, from wherever you are! The simple IT management platform includes patch management, antivirus, web protection, monitoring and remote control. Get the benefit of endpoint protection with the ease of central management. Start a free trial now.
Great articles on other sites
- Sydney Opal card travel history can be accessed by police
- NBN analysis 'like foxes reviewing the hen house': Clare
- Call made to end inflight phone ban
- Australian government undoing profit shifting clamp down: Labor
- National security law reforms
- Victorian Government calls for contributions to shape Victoria’s digital economy
- Will IBM pip Azure at the Aussie cloud post?
- Competition watchdog should break up Foxtel monopoly: Ludlam
- Susan Sly gives up on the CIO game
- Vic Labor puts its support behind mobile police
Posts Tagged ‘#autechtax’
Gadgets, News - Tuesday, May 6, 2014 16:48 - 5 Comments
news Nokia this week revealed that its flagship Lumia 2520 tablet would be sold in Australia principally through the nation’s largest telco Telstra, but with a significant markup on the unit’s price which will see Australians slugged with around 56 percent more for the exact same product than United States buyers will pay.
The Lumia 2520 is Nokia’s attempt to match Microsoft’s Surface tablet series as well as Apple’s iPad and Samsung’s Galaxy Tab lines, and was conceived before the Finnish smartphone manufacturer was acquired by Redmind. The device ships with Windows RT 8.1 and featurs a 10.1″ 1080p full HD touchscreen, a 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, a 6.7 megapixel rear camera and a 1.2 megapixel front-facing model. It measures 267 by 168 by 8.9mm, and weighs 615g. It also supports 4G speeds up to 150Mbps down and 50Mbps up, and comes with 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal memory and support for a microSD card up to 64GB.
In a statement released this week, Nokia said the unit would be available exclusively with Telstra online from today (6th May), and in stores nationally from 13th May. Continue…
- Incredible rip off: LG/Telstra almost double Nexus 5 retail price
- Adobe harmonises Aussie Creative Cloud prices
- Please explain prices:
Parliament subpoenas Apple, Microsoft, Adobe
- Parliament must subpoena IT giants: Choice
- ThinkPad Carbon tax only 22%, says Lenovo
- Lenovo slaps 37% AU tax on ThinkPad X1 Carbon
- IT price comparisons not useful, says AIIA
- IT price hike inquiry: Apple gets private hearing
- Apple harmonises Aussie MacBook pricing
- Cisco issues 9.2 percent Aussie price rise
- IT price hike inquiry kicks off: Submissions wanted
- How much more do servers cost in Australia?
- IT’S ON: Govt sets up IT price hike inquiry
- Husic asks Conroy for IT pricing inquiry
- ‘You can’t ride this out’:
Husic warns price-hiking vendors
- Treasurer Swan awaits IT price hike report
- Rotten Apple: Prod Commission targets tech tax