Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre
[ad] Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Click here to visit our Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre with case studies, white papers and articles about Windows Server 2012.
Nokia Lumia Smartphones: Innovation's calling
[ad] Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone comes with unique camera technology, wireless charging and turn-by-turn navigation. Make every image picture perfect. See your city differently. Charge without wires. Click here to learn more.
Save up to $199 on Dell XPS 12 Ultrabooks: Power for your projects and passions.
[ad] This convertible Ultrabook™ delivers the speed and performance you expect from the XPS family in a sleek new design that's ready for work and play. Don't get two pieces of technology when one will do it all. The Dell XPS 12 is a tablet and Ultrabook combined to produce the perfect laptop.
Great articles on other sites
- Galaxy S 4 “Google Edition” to be available in Australia via MobiCity
- When does mission creep become censorship?
- First NBN fibre extension completed
- Proof the internet filter lives on by other means
- Budget 2013: Heavy on 'showcasing', light on strategy
- CGU to replace core insurance system
- Google Australia calls for mandatory comp sci until year 10
- Spectrum fail could help Libs fight Labor's regional NBN
- Offended By Fraudband? Maybe You Shouldn’t Have Said It First
- Brisbane Grammar School prepares for Lync
Managing virtualised environments: Free whitepaper
[ad] Virtualisation is one of the single most important technologies for efficiently operating servers. This free whitepaper presents information about current trends in virtualisation adoption, risks associated with single vendor virtualisation, and the benefits of open source virtualisation. Click here to download the whitepaper.
One More Thing - iOS App Maker Conference - 24th May
[ad] If you make iOS apps, come listen to the best in the industry share their tip & tricks for App Store success. Melbourne, 24th May, 2013 - use the coupon code "delimiter" for 5% off.
Posts Tagged ‘apps’
news Australian Android users will soon have an alternative source for sourcing paid and free mobile apps, but will they embrace it? Yes, if the first analysis of Amazon Appstore sales figures – which suggests the site is rapidly increasing its appeal to US consumers as a source of paid apps – is any indication.
Whereas Apple’s iOS devices can only download apps from Apple’s iTunes App Store, Android’s relatively open app distribution model has fostered competition between providers as a number of third-party app stores work to tap into their customer base and offer their own value propositions. For example, Amazon’s Appstore offers one paid application for free each day.
A new report (download it here, registration required) from mobile app-monitoring company Distimo has found that the Amazon Appstore, in particular, has already become a strong alternative distribution mechanism for Android apps – in particular, games – despite only recently announcing it would expand outside the US, where it launched exclusively in 2011 to the consternation of many eager Australian Android developers.
- Cross-platform tools luring mobile app developers back from HTML5
- Telstra sets up nebulous software dev unit
- Webjet adopts Office 365, Windows Azure
- BlackBerry 10 Jam, Sydney: Photo gallery
- Made in Australia: Windows Phone 7 apps plugged
- Inside Washington’s high risk mission to beat web censors
- Angry Birds Space released for iOS, Android, PC and Mac
- Apple threatens to pull Siri rival Evi from App Store
- How apps have taken over the world