Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre
[ad] Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Click here to visit our Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre with case studies, white papers and articles about Windows Server 2012.
Nokia Lumia Smartphones: Innovation's calling
[ad] Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone comes with unique camera technology, wireless charging and turn-by-turn navigation. Make every image picture perfect. See your city differently. Charge without wires. Click here to learn more.
Save up to $199 on Dell XPS 12 Ultrabooks: Power for your projects and passions.
[ad] This convertible Ultrabook™ delivers the speed and performance you expect from the XPS family in a sleek new design that's ready for work and play. Don't get two pieces of technology when one will do it all. The Dell XPS 12 is a tablet and Ultrabook combined to produce the perfect laptop.
Great articles on other sites
- $5.2m to put e-tax on Mac
- Galaxy S 4 “Google Edition” to be available in Australia via MobiCity
- When does mission creep become censorship?
- First NBN fibre extension completed
- Proof the internet filter lives on by other means
- Budget 2013: Heavy on 'showcasing', light on strategy
- CGU to replace core insurance system
- Google Australia calls for mandatory comp sci until year 10
- Spectrum fail could help Libs fight Labor's regional NBN
- Offended By Fraudband? Maybe You Shouldn’t Have Said It First
Managing virtualised environments: Free whitepaper
[ad] Virtualisation is one of the single most important technologies for efficiently operating servers. This free whitepaper presents information about current trends in virtualisation adoption, risks associated with single vendor virtualisation, and the benefits of open source virtualisation. Click here to download the whitepaper.
One More Thing - iOS App Maker Conference - 24th May
[ad] If you make iOS apps, come listen to the best in the industry share their tip & tricks for App Store success. Melbourne, 24th May, 2013 - use the coupon code "delimiter" for 5% off.
Blog, Telecommunications - Written by Renai LeMay on Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:54 - 13 Comments
Vodafone CEO backs Quigley NBN study
blog Remember how NBN Co chief executive Mike Quigley gave a major speech several weeks ago backing the idea that telco industry group the Communications Alliance could conduct a study into the merits of the various different broadband models being proposed for Australia’s future? Remember how the idea was roundly rejected by the Coalition and various telcos such as Optus? Well not everyone things this way. Vodafone chief executive Bill Morrow in Communications Day this week on the idea:
“NBN Co’s recent calls for an industry discussion on how we optimise the opportunities of the NBN should not be controversial. There will always be ongoing discussions about how we meet the telecommunications needs of Australia. Provided these discussions are done transparently and collaboratively they should be encouraged.”
I strongly agree. How could it possibly be bad to have more analysis, more examination of the potential paths towards Australia’s broadband future? More information is never a bad thing — I think history shows us that ignorance and misinformation is usually the real plague on society. Let’s hope the Communications Alliance consents to working on this. It could prove to be a valuable resource for the whole sector.
Leave a Comment
Blog, Enterprise IT - May 23, 2013 13:03 - 0 Comments
More In Enterprise IT
- Victoria abandons IT shared services?
Core CenITex services to be outsourced
- Australia gets two Windows Azure datacentres
- Oracle reveals swathe of Aussie rollouts
- Australia’s universities hacked on a regular basis
- 32 years later, CGU replaces insurance IT platform
News, Telecommunications - May 23, 2013 11:57 - 77 Comments
More In Telecommunications
- Telstra set for massive internal restructure
- iiNet sells TransACT’s FTTP to NBN Co
- At death’s door:
Vodafone loses 216k more customers
- 4G race: Telstra turns on 1500th tower
- Optus launches TD-LTE 4G trial in Canberra
Blog, Gadgets, Gaming - May 23, 2013 14:28 - 16 Comments
More In Gadgets
- Sony Xperia Z tablet hits Australia
- HP Slate 7 to land in Australia shortly
- Why touchscreens matter for laptops
(Or, review of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch)
- Amazon Appstore challenging Google Play as Australian launch looms
- Consoles to suffer as tablets triple mobile games downloads by 2017