Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre
[ad] Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Click here to visit our Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre with case studies, white papers and articles about Windows Server 2012.
Nokia Lumia Smartphones: Innovation's calling
[ad] Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone comes with unique camera technology, wireless charging and turn-by-turn navigation. Make every image picture perfect. See your city differently. Charge without wires. Click here to learn more.
Save up to $199 on Dell XPS 12 Ultrabooks: Power for your projects and passions.
[ad] This convertible Ultrabook™ delivers the speed and performance you expect from the XPS family in a sleek new design that's ready for work and play. Don't get two pieces of technology when one will do it all. The Dell XPS 12 is a tablet and Ultrabook combined to produce the perfect laptop.
Great articles on other sites
- $5.2m to put e-tax on Mac
- Galaxy S 4 “Google Edition” to be available in Australia via MobiCity
- When does mission creep become censorship?
- First NBN fibre extension completed
- Proof the internet filter lives on by other means
- Budget 2013: Heavy on 'showcasing', light on strategy
- CGU to replace core insurance system
- Google Australia calls for mandatory comp sci until year 10
- Spectrum fail could help Libs fight Labor's regional NBN
- Offended By Fraudband? Maybe You Shouldn’t Have Said It First
Managing virtualised environments: Free whitepaper
[ad] Virtualisation is one of the single most important technologies for efficiently operating servers. This free whitepaper presents information about current trends in virtualisation adoption, risks associated with single vendor virtualisation, and the benefits of open source virtualisation. Click here to download the whitepaper.
One More Thing - iOS App Maker Conference - 24th May
[ad] If you make iOS apps, come listen to the best in the industry share their tip & tricks for App Store success. Melbourne, 24th May, 2013 - use the coupon code "delimiter" for 5% off.
Blog, Enterprise IT - Written by Renai LeMay on Friday, March 1, 2013 10:20 - 9 Comments
Surface Pro for Australia in “coming months”
blog The availability of Microsoft’s new Surface tablets in Australia is rapidly reaching the stage of a farce. Just one month ago Redmond launched the supposedly flagship device in the US and in Canada, but made no mention of launches in other first-world, early technology adopter countries such as Australia. Just one month later, overnight last night in the US, the company said Australia and a number of other countries would receive the Surface Pro “in the coming months”, but without giving a firm date. The company’s statement:
Microsoft Corp. today announced that beginning late March the rollout of Surface will continue, bringing Surface RT with Windows RT to Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore and Taiwan and Surface Pro with Windows 8 Pro to Australia, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, New Zealand and the United Kingdom in the coming months.
“We are eager to see people and businesses in more countries get a chance to experience this new category of devices,” said Panos Panay, corporate vice president, Microsoft Surface. “Surface is the best of a tablet and a PC.”
And meanwhile, Microsoft Australia still hasn’t been able to deliver review units of the Surface RT, which launched in Australia months ago, fuelling the impression that the company just doesn’t have that many units of the Surface RT at all locally. What the hell is going on, Microsoft? When is Australia going to get any certainty around Surface supply? After all, Windows 8 isn’t going to sell itself — apparently it needs all the help it can get.
Image credit: Microsoft
Leave a Comment
Blog, Enterprise IT - May 23, 2013 13:03 - 0 Comments
More In Enterprise IT
- Victoria abandons IT shared services?
Core CenITex services to be outsourced
- Australia gets two Windows Azure datacentres
- Oracle reveals swathe of Aussie rollouts
- Australia’s universities hacked on a regular basis
- 32 years later, CGU replaces insurance IT platform
News, Telecommunications - May 23, 2013 11:57 - 61 Comments
More In Telecommunications
- Telstra set for massive internal restructure
- iiNet sells TransACT’s FTTP to NBN Co
- At death’s door:
Vodafone loses 216k more customers
- 4G race: Telstra turns on 1500th tower
- Optus launches TD-LTE 4G trial in Canberra
Blog, Gadgets, Gaming - May 23, 2013 14:28 - 13 Comments
More In Gadgets
- Sony Xperia Z tablet hits Australia
- HP Slate 7 to land in Australia shortly
- Why touchscreens matter for laptops
(Or, review of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch)
- Amazon Appstore challenging Google Play as Australian launch looms
- Consoles to suffer as tablets triple mobile games downloads by 2017