Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre
[ad] Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Click here to visit our Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre with case studies, white papers and articles about Windows Server 2012.
Nokia Lumia Smartphones: Innovation's calling
[ad] Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone comes with unique camera technology, wireless charging and turn-by-turn navigation. Make every image picture perfect. See your city differently. Charge without wires. Click here to learn more.
Save up to $199 on Dell XPS 12 Ultrabooks: Power for your projects and passions.
[ad] This convertible Ultrabook™ delivers the speed and performance you expect from the XPS family in a sleek new design that's ready for work and play. Don't get two pieces of technology when one will do it all. The Dell XPS 12 is a tablet and Ultrabook combined to produce the perfect laptop.
Great articles on other sites
- Proof the internet filter lives on by other means
- Budget 2013: Heavy on 'showcasing', light on strategy
- CGU to replace core insurance system
- Google Australia calls for mandatory comp sci until year 10
- Spectrum fail could help Libs fight Labor's regional NBN
- Offended By Fraudband? Maybe You Shouldn’t Have Said It First
- Brisbane Grammar School prepares for Lync
- Coalition wants ex-Telstra players for NBN board
- That NBN Speed Comparison Site Now Looks More Realistic
- GovHack to encourage agencies on open data
Managing virtualised environments: Free whitepaper
[ad] Virtualisation is one of the single most important technologies for efficiently operating servers. This free whitepaper presents information about current trends in virtualisation adoption, risks associated with single vendor virtualisation, and the benefits of open source virtualisation. Click here to download the whitepaper.
One More Thing - iOS App Maker Conference - 24th May
[ad] If you make iOS apps, come listen to the best in the industry share their tip & tricks for App Store success. Melbourne, 24th May, 2013 - use the coupon code "delimiter" for 5% off.
Blog, Enterprise IT - Written by Renai LeMay on Friday, March 1, 2013 17:31 - 0 Comments
A complete picture of NAB’s IT transformation
blog You may have noticed that National Australia Bank enterprise transformation EGM Adam Bennett gave a speech at a CEDA lunch in Sydney this week. The executive’s comments have caused a flurry of articles in the media. A brief overview, for your Friday afternoon reading pleasure:
- Transparency key to NAB IT: exec (The AustralianIT)
- NAB trialling BOYD (Computerworld)
- NAB mulls BYOD, trials iPads (ZDNet Australia)
- Online banking to overtake branches in May: NAB (The Australian Financial Review)
Taken along with some of the recent briefings NAB has been conducting with respect to its core banking strategy (see our piece here from November last year on the unusual relationship between the bank and its key supplier Oracle) and its datacentre strategy (look out for an extended piece on that on Delimiter next week), Bennett’s speech this week constitutes a complete picture of what NAB’s up to in its IT operations — from customer-facing technology to its core banking systems strategy to its IT infrastructure and staff-facing systems. Personally I’m pretty impressed with NAB at the moment. It really is going through an enterprise-wide IT transformation of a magnitude which we don’t often get to see in Australia. Let’s hope it can keep the whole thing on the rails ;)
Leave a Comment
Enterprise IT, Featured, News - May 21, 2013 14:34 - 2 Comments
More In Enterprise IT
- Oracle reveals swathe of Aussie rollouts
- Australia’s universities hacked on a regular basis
- 32 years later, CGU replaces insurance IT platform
- Guzman y Gomez likes the taste of NetSuite
- Microsoft finally launches Surface Pro in Australia
News, Telecommunications - May 21, 2013 11:01 - 7 Comments
More In Telecommunications
- Optus launches TD-LTE 4G trial in Canberra
- Is FTTN vectoring just a pipe dream?
- Turnbull rejects Labor’s NBN subsidy claims
- ASIC blocked “numerous” sites over 9 months
- Telstra suffers another data breach
Blog, Gadgets - May 13, 2013 15:52 - 0 Comments
More In Gadgets
- HP Slate 7 to land in Australia shortly
- Why touchscreens matter for laptops
(Or, review of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch)
- Amazon Appstore challenging Google Play as Australian launch looms
- Consoles to suffer as tablets triple mobile games downloads by 2017
- Despite Aussie windfall, does Apple profit slide suggest hard times ahead?