Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre
[ad] Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Click here to visit our Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre with case studies, white papers and articles about Windows Server 2012.
Nokia Lumia Smartphones: Innovation's calling
[ad] Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone comes with unique camera technology, wireless charging and turn-by-turn navigation. Make every image picture perfect. See your city differently. Charge without wires. Click here to learn more.
Save up to $199 on Dell XPS 12 Ultrabooks: Power for your projects and passions.
[ad] This convertible Ultrabook™ delivers the speed and performance you expect from the XPS family in a sleek new design that's ready for work and play. Don't get two pieces of technology when one will do it all. The Dell XPS 12 is a tablet and Ultrabook combined to produce the perfect laptop.
Great articles on other sites
- Proof the internet filter lives on by other means
- Budget 2013: Heavy on 'showcasing', light on strategy
- CGU to replace core insurance system
- Google Australia calls for mandatory comp sci until year 10
- Spectrum fail could help Libs fight Labor's regional NBN
- Offended By Fraudband? Maybe You Shouldn’t Have Said It First
- Brisbane Grammar School prepares for Lync
- Coalition wants ex-Telstra players for NBN board
- That NBN Speed Comparison Site Now Looks More Realistic
- GovHack to encourage agencies on open data
Managing virtualised environments: Free whitepaper
[ad] Virtualisation is one of the single most important technologies for efficiently operating servers. This free whitepaper presents information about current trends in virtualisation adoption, risks associated with single vendor virtualisation, and the benefits of open source virtualisation. Click here to download the whitepaper.
One More Thing - iOS App Maker Conference - 24th May
[ad] If you make iOS apps, come listen to the best in the industry share their tip & tricks for App Store success. Melbourne, 24th May, 2013 - use the coupon code "delimiter" for 5% off.
Enterprise IT, Sponsored Posts - Written by External Contributor on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:56 - 0 Comments
Private cloud tips & tricks: Free webinar
sponsored post Private cloud computing can bring unprecedented agility and efficiency. But the process of building this kind of infrastructure can be fraught with delays and risks. And, if IT staff have to spend their time racking, stacking and cabling on the way, they’re not available for more strategic business initiatives.
On Thursday June 14 at 1PM Eastern Standard Time, Dell and InformationWeek will be hosting a free webinar entitled Fast Track to the Private Cloud: Tips and Techniques for Speeding the Journey. The speakers will be Dell senior datacentre strategist Jim Wescott and Dell Microsoft enterprise technology Ken Miyamoto.
Join the webinar for an in-depth discussion on private cloud options that shorten and simplify the setup process. You’ll learn:
- How to overcome key challenges that slow virtualisation and private cloud efforts
- How pre-built, pre-engineered solutions speed the process of setting up an services-ready infrastructure
- How standardised infrastructure can allow you to focus on adding value and meeting initiatives
Jim Wescott is a senior strategist in Dell’s Data Centre Field Marketing Group focused on Data Centre efficiency, transformation and convergence. Wescott has a 12 year career with Dell and his previous roles include services field marketing manager, complex solutions manager, systems consultant and systems engineer. Prior to joining Dell Jim worked in the technology industry holding positions at Siemens Medical Systems, LMI and Mennen Medical. Jim holds a B.S. in Management Information Systems and an A.A.S. in Biomedical Engineering.
As a Microsoft enterprise technologist for Dell, Ken Miyamoto works with Dell’s sales teams, customers, Dell & Microsoft product groups focusing on providing vision and direction surrounding Dell- & Microsoft-based enterprise solutions. Ken’s areas of expertise are in in virtualisation, cloud solutions, disaster recovery, datacenter automation and infrastructure planning and design.
Register today to secure your place in this interactive discussion of getting value from virtualisation and private cloud initiatives faster.
Leave a Comment
Enterprise IT, News - May 20, 2013 14:16 - 0 Comments
More In Enterprise IT
- Australia’s universities hacked on a regular basis
- 32 years later, CGU replaces insurance IT platform
- Guzman y Gomez likes the taste of NetSuite
- Microsoft finally launches Surface Pro in Australia
- Qantas still finalising Outlook shift
Blog, Telecommunications - May 20, 2013 13:08 - 1 Comment
More In Telecommunications
- Is FTTN vectoring just a pipe dream?
- Turnbull rejects Labor’s NBN subsidy claims
- ASIC blocked “numerous” sites over 9 months
- Telstra suffers another data breach
- FOI requests target Section 313 notices
Blog, Gadgets - May 13, 2013 15:52 - 0 Comments
More In Gadgets
- HP Slate 7 to land in Australia shortly
- Why touchscreens matter for laptops
(Or, review of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch)
- Amazon Appstore challenging Google Play as Australian launch looms
- Consoles to suffer as tablets triple mobile games downloads by 2017
- Despite Aussie windfall, does Apple profit slide suggest hard times ahead?