Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre
[ad] Windows Server 2012 redefines the server category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Click here to visit our Windows Server 2012 Resource Centre with case studies, white papers and articles about Windows Server 2012.
Nokia Lumia Smartphones: Innovation's calling
[ad] Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone comes with unique camera technology, wireless charging and turn-by-turn navigation. Make every image picture perfect. See your city differently. Charge without wires. Click here to learn more.
Save up to $199 on Dell XPS 12 Ultrabooks: Power for your projects and passions.
[ad] This convertible Ultrabook™ delivers the speed and performance you expect from the XPS family in a sleek new design that's ready for work and play. Don't get two pieces of technology when one will do it all. The Dell XPS 12 is a tablet and Ultrabook combined to produce the perfect laptop.
Great articles on other sites
- $5.2m to put e-tax on Mac
- Galaxy S 4 “Google Edition” to be available in Australia via MobiCity
- When does mission creep become censorship?
- First NBN fibre extension completed
- Proof the internet filter lives on by other means
- Budget 2013: Heavy on 'showcasing', light on strategy
- CGU to replace core insurance system
- Google Australia calls for mandatory comp sci until year 10
- Spectrum fail could help Libs fight Labor's regional NBN
- Offended By Fraudband? Maybe You Shouldn’t Have Said It First
Managing virtualised environments: Free whitepaper
[ad] Virtualisation is one of the single most important technologies for efficiently operating servers. This free whitepaper presents information about current trends in virtualisation adoption, risks associated with single vendor virtualisation, and the benefits of open source virtualisation. Click here to download the whitepaper.
One More Thing - iOS App Maker Conference - 24th May
[ad] If you make iOS apps, come listen to the best in the industry share their tip & tricks for App Store success. Melbourne, 24th May, 2013 - use the coupon code "delimiter" for 5% off.
Gadgets, Videos - Written by Renai LeMay on Friday, March 16, 2012 14:04 - 2 Comments
Sydney Apple iPad queue is huge
video If you’re curious to know what the launch overnight and this morning of Apple’s new iPad, check out these two videos posted by Gizmodo of the event. The first video chronicles Telstra’s midnight launch last night. The telco was the only company (apart from Big W which also opened a few of its stores) to open its doors at midnight for iPad buyers.
And then there’s another video chronicling the launch of the iPad at the Apple store in Sydney’s CBD this morning. I have to say, I went past the iPad queue at around 8PM last night, and there was only dozen or so people hanging around. Things seem to have changed this morning … in fact, I’ve never seen a queue this long outside the Sydney CBD Apple store — and I’ve attended launches various iPhone and iPad launches over a period of about five years now.
I think a lot of people in Australia’s technology sector have mixed feelings about this kind of mad Apple fever. On the one hand, it’s great to see such passion for technology. But on the other hand, it is a little bit disturbing to see the iFanbois lining up for so long on the street — for a consumer device they could easily order online and have delivered to them a few days later. But then, Apple has always engendered this kind of polarisation. You typically either love the company or hate it ;)
Leave a Comment
Enterprise IT, Featured, News - May 24, 2013 10:38 - 3 Comments
More In Enterprise IT
- Perpetual dumps CIO after Fujitsu outsourcing
- Victoria abandons IT shared services?
Core CenITex services to be outsourced
- Australia gets two Windows Azure datacentres
- Oracle reveals swathe of Aussie rollouts
- Australia’s universities hacked on a regular basis
News, Telecommunications - May 23, 2013 11:57 - 79 Comments
More In Telecommunications
- Telstra set for massive internal restructure
- iiNet sells TransACT’s FTTP to NBN Co
- At death’s door:
Vodafone loses 216k more customers
- 4G race: Telstra turns on 1500th tower
- Optus launches TD-LTE 4G trial in Canberra
More In Gadgets
- Surprise! Xbox One neutered for Australia
- Sony Xperia Z tablet hits Australia
- HP Slate 7 to land in Australia shortly
- Why touchscreens matter for laptops
(Or, review of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch)
- Amazon Appstore challenging Google Play as Australian launch looms