News - Written by Anthony Agius on Monday, September 12, 2011 8:46 - 4 Comments
Renai’s Holiday Time News – Monday
Normally Renai has his finger on the pulse of Australian IT news, but seeing as he’s on a break, that responsibility is on me. Unfortunately, my finger is more on the rectum of the Australian IT industry than it’s pulse, so instead of timely news with details analysis, I will be providing a brief overview of work other people have done in reporting Aussie tech news, so you can still get a well rounded sense of what’s going on.
Melbourne tech start-up incubator, AngleCube, has announced the first four start-ups they will take under their wing.
The SMH reports on Google’s study of Australian smartphone adoption. Apparently we really, really like them.
Staying on the telco theme – ever wanted to look inside a relatively modern Telstra exchange? Someone on Reddit took a whole bunch of photos inside one!
According to the The Australian Information Industry Association, the South Australian state government has the best e-commerce planning of all the Australian states.
Today, Nicola Roxon is going to release a new report on Australia’s e-health program. According to this report, Australians will be able to sign up for a “personally controlled e-health record from July 2012″ – The Australian has more info.
Over on MacTalk & Gizmodo, there’s some opinion pieces regarding Android tablets. MacTalk’s take is “why do specs matter on Android tablets?” and Gizmodo’s is “how can Android tablets compete vs. the iPad?”
Leave a Comment
Blog, Enterprise IT - Jul 5, 2014 13:53 - 0 Comments
More In Enterprise IT
- Qld’s Grant joins analyst firm IBRS
- Westpac dumps desk phones for Samsung Android mobiles
- Ministers’ cloud approval lasted just a year
- WA Govt can’t fund school IT upgrades
- Turnbull outlines Govt ICT vision
Blog, Telecommunications - Jul 5, 2014 12:12 - 0 Comments
More In Telecommunications
- Telstra gets $150m for NBN FTTN trial
- How Australia got online 25 years ago
- Palmer pushes for minimalist NBN policy
- NBN debate heats up at IEEE conference
- Spirit deploys 200Mbps FTTB to Southbank
Analysis, Industry, Internet - Jun 23, 2014 10:33 - 0 Comments
More In Industry
- ABC tech reporter founds micro-transactions startup
- Australia’s got ICT talent: So how do we make the most of it?
- ‘Thriving’ Aussie tech incubator scene a ‘mirage’
- Corporate highs: The US P-TECH model for schools in Australia?
- Facebook wants to hide its Australian earnings
Blog, Digital Rights - Jun 30, 2014 22:24 - 0 Comments
More In Digital Rights
- “Rational debate” needed around surveillance
- Web blocking technically impossible: iiNet reminds Govt of undisputed fact
- We like e-readers – but library users are still borrowing books
- Coalition, Labor support new surveillance laws
- Anti-piracy laws will increase piracy, says Budde